|Maya Rudolph Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 27, 1972|
|Boyfriend||Paul Thomas Anderson|
Maya Rudolph is an American actress, comedian, singer, and voice actress who first came into prominence in the mid-1990s as a member of the alternative rock band The Rentals. She became a household name in the United States after becoming a cast member, in 2000, in the iconic late-night sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live. She has gone on to act in numerous movies and TV series and has also lent her voice to several animated films including Shrek the Third (2007), The Angry Birds Movie (2016), and The Emoji Movie (2017). Maya won 2 Primetime Emmy Awards in 2020 – ‘Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series’ for her work in Saturday Night Live, and ‘Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance’ for the animated sitcom Big Mouth.
Maya Khabira Rudolph
Rudy, M, M.R.
Gainesville, Alachua County, Florida, United States
San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Maya had graduated from the Crossroads School in Santa Monica, California, in 1990. She had then joined the University of California, Santa Cruz, from where she had graduated in 1995 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in photography.
Actress, Comedian, Singer, Voice Actress
- Father – Richard ‘Dick’ James Rudolph (Songwriter, Musician, Music Publisher, Music Producer)
- Mother – Minnie Julia Rudolph (née Riperton) (Singer, Songwriter) (d. July 12, 1979)
- Siblings – Marc Rudolph (Older Brother) (Music Engineer)
- Others – Daniel Webster Riperton (Maternal Grandfather), Thelma Inez Matthews (Maternal Grandmother), Sidney J. Rudolph (Paternal Grandfather) (Philanthropist, Businessman), Muriel Eileen Neufeld (Paternal Grandmother), Sandra Riperton (Maternal Aunt), Kimiko Kasai (Step-Mother) (Singer), Julius Rudolph (Paternal Great Grandfather)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maya has dated –
- Matt Sharp
- Jerry Minor
- Chris Kattan (2001)
- Paul Thomas Anderson (2001–Present) – Maya began dating filmmaker Paul Thomas Anderson in 2001. They have 4 children together – 3 daughters named Pearl Minnie Anderson (b. October 2005), Lucille Anderson (b. November 2009), and Minnie Ida Anderson (b. August 2013); and a son named Jack Anderson (b. July 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish, British, and Irish descent on her father’s side and African-American descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair red or blonde.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Freckled face
- Charming smile
She has been featured in the TV commercial for
- Seventh Generation Detergent (2018)
- Klarna shopping app’s 2021 Super Bowl commercial
In January 2023, Maya was announced as the spokesperson for the candy brand, M&M. She was also featured in M&M‘s ad for Super Bowl 2023.
Maya Rudolph Facts
- In the 4th single, titled Lovin’ You (1975), from her 2nd studio album Perfect Angel (1974), Minnie Julia Rudolph (née Riperton), Maya’s mother, had chanted ‘Maya, Maya, Maya’ at the end of the song. She later mentioned that this was meant to be a lullaby for young Maya.
- Her paternal great grandfather, Julius, who was born in Lithuania, had changed his surname from Rudashevsky to Rudolph. He was also one of the founding members of Congregation Beth Shalom, a conservative synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- In 2004, she was voted in at number 20 in Entertainment Weekly magazine’s poll of ‘Funniest People in America’.
- The late R&B singer, songwriter, and music producer Mary Christine Brockert aka Teena Marie was her godmother.
- Her guilty pleasure is mint chip ice-cream.
- In 2018, Maya and Natasha Lyonne launched their production company, Animal Pictures. In October 2023, it was revealed that they had ended their production company partnership and Natasha had decided to assume control of the company on her own.
- During the 2021 Creative Arts Emmy Awards, Maya won the awards for “Character Voice-Over Performance” for Big Mouth and “Guest Actress in a Comedy Series” for hosting Saturday Night Live. With this, she became the first double-Emmy winner in the same category in 20 years. She had previously won awards in the same categories for Big Mouth and SNL in 2020.
- Maya was initially offered the role of Eve Polastri in Killing Eve. However, she turned it down and the role was eventually played by Sandra Oh.
Featured Image by Maya Rudolph / Instagram