|Jameson Williams Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jameson Williams is an American professional football player who has represented the Detroit Lions (2022-Present) in the NFL (National Football League – a professional American football league that is considered to be the highest professional level of the sport in the world), as a wide receiver. He was selected 12th overall in the 1st round of the 2022 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions.
Jameson Jacquis Williams
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Jameson had attended the Cardinal Ritter College Prep High School, a private, Roman Catholic school in his hometown of St. Louis. He played for the school’s American football team. After his high school graduation, he joined the Ohio State University, a public land-grant research university in Columbus, Ohio, United States. There, he represented the Ohio State Buckeyes American football team – between 2019 and 2020.
He then transferred to the University of Alabama, a public research university in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States. There, Jameson represented the Alabama Crimson Tide American football team in the 2021 season. After the 2021 season, he declared for the 2022 NFL Draft, thus foregoing the remainder of his collegiate eligibility.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – James Williams
- Mother – Tianna Williams
- Siblings – James Williams, Jr. (Older Brother) (Athlete), Joanna Williams (Older Sister) (Athlete), Jaden Williams (Younger Brother)
- 6 – Ohio State Buckeyes
- 1 – Alabama Crimson Tide
- 9 – Detroit Lions
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Dreadlocked hair
- Sports a thin beard
- Wears ear studs
- Has both his hands covered in tattoos and inscriptions
Jameson Williams Facts
- Jameson was named an ‘Under Armour All-American’ after his high school senior season – having accumulated 68 receptions for 1,626 yards and 22 touchdowns.
- Besides American football, he used to participate in track sports during his high school days. He had won successive Class 3 state titles in the 300 m hurdles event.
- On December 4, 2021, in the SEC (Southeastern Conference) Championship Game, a 41-24 victory over the University of Georgia, Jameson recorded 7 receptions for 184 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns – for the University of Alabama.
- The Southeastern Conference is an American college athletic conference whose 14 member institutions are located primarily in the South Central and Southeastern United States. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, the conference participates in the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (the highest level of college football in the United States).
- On January 10, 2022, Jameson suffered a torn ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament, one of a pair of cruciate ligaments in the human knee) during the 2022 College Football Playoff National Championship Game. It was played to determine the champion of the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision for the 2021 season.
- It was a rematch of the aforementioned SEC (Southeastern Conference) Championship Game between the University of Georgia and the University of Alabama. However, this time it was the University of Georgia that won – by a 33-18 margin.
- Jameson finished the 2021 season with 79 receptions for 1,572 yards and 15 touchdowns. He led the SEC in the last 2 of these metrics as well as yards per reception (19.9). For his performances throughout the 2021 season, he was included in the ‘First Team All-SEC‘ as well as the ‘First Team All-American’.
- He was also named the ‘SEC Co-Special Teams Player of the Year’. Special teams in American football are units that are on the field during kicking plays. While many players on a team’s offensive/defensive squad play similar roles on special teams, there are some specialist roles that are unique to kicking plays.
- In late April 2023, he was one of 4 players from the Detroit Lions squad who were suspended for violating the NFL‘s gambling policy. Jameson was alleged to have placed bets on a college football game from a hotel room during a team road trip. He was suspended for 6 games.
Featured Image by Jameson Williams / Instagram