|Alessandro Nivola Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 28, 1972|
Alessandro Nivola is a British-American actor and producer who is known for his appearance in several well-known shows and films including Face/Off, Jurassic Park III, The Sopranos, The Many Saints of Newark, Disobedience, A Most Violent Year, Junebug, and Laurel Canyon.
Alessandro Antine Nivola
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Boerum Hill, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Nivola studied at the Phillips Exeter Academy before going on to enroll at Yale University, from where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature in 1994.
He even studied at Mater Christi School in the past.
- Father – Pietro Salvatore Nivola (b.1944–d.2017) (Professor of Political Science, Fellow at The Brookings Institution)
- Mother – Virginia Davis (Artist)
- Siblings – Adrian Nivola (Younger Brother) (Painter)
- Others – Costantino Nivola (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Guggenheim (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas J. Davis (Maternal Grandfather), Shirley Ross (Maternal Grandmother)
Alessandro is represented by Creative Artists Agency, IK’s Independent, and Management 360.
Alessandro Nivola’s net worth was $3 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alessandro has dated –
- Rachel Weisz (1997)
- Emily Mortimer (2000-Present) – He tied the knot with British actress Emily Mortimer in Buckinghamshire on January 3, 2003. Together, they have 2 children named Samuel John Nivola (b. September 26, 2003) and May Nivola (b. January 15, 2010). After his marriage, Emily become a British citizen and Mortimer became an American citizen.
Race / Ethnicity
Nivola has 25% Italian/Sardinian, 25% Ashkenazi Jewish, and 50% English/Scottish ancestry.
- Thin lips
- Stubble beard
Alessandro Nivola Favorite Things
- Actor – Robert De Niro
Source – The Guardian
Alessandro Nivola Facts
- He made his Broadway debut in 1995, alongside the likes of actress Helen Mirren in A Month in the Country that earned him a Drama Desk Award nomination.
- Alessandro is 5 years old than his brother Adrian.
- He made his debut TV show appearance as Paul Rice in Remember WENN in 1996. A year later, Nivola was cast his first feature film titled Inventing the Abbotts.
- His grandmother Ruth Guggenheim was a Jewish refugee from Germany.
- Alessandro got his big break in the film industry with his role as Pollux Troy in Face/Off (1997), alongside the likes of John Travolta, Nicolas Cage, and Joan Allen.
- He runs King Bee Productions as a producer.
- In 2014, Nivola was cast in the revival of The Elephant Man alongside the likes of Bradley Cooper which earned him a Tony Award nomination.
- One of the earliest posts that Alessandro uploaded to his social media was on September 14, 2015.
- Over the years, Nivola has won several awards such as a Tony Award and an Independent Spirit Award and has won a Screen Actors Guild Award, a British Independent Film Award (BIFA), and the Best Actor Award at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival alongside many others.
- He is a huge fan of soccer.
- Right through his high school, Alessandro played in bands.
- Nivola appeared in a print ad for The Gap fall collection in 2003.
Featured Image By Alessandro Nivola / Instagram