|Nicolas Cage Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 7, 1964|
Nicolas Cage is an American actor and filmmaker who has gained critical acclaim with his work and has been nominated for numerous major cinematic awards. He is known for his work in films like Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, The Rock, Kick-Ass, Honeymoon in Vegas, Racing with the Moon, Honeymoon in Vegas, Peggy Sue Got Married, Lord of War, Vampire’s Kiss, Con Air, Red Rock West, Drive Angry, Raising Arizona, City of Angels, Color Out of Space, Wild at Heart, Rumble Fish, Bangkok Dangerous, Windtalkers, The Wicker Man, The Runner, The Croods: A New Age, Gone in 60 Seconds, Snake Eyes, Mom and Dad, Dog Eat Dog, and several others. Moreover, he won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild Award for his performance in the drama film Leaving Las Vegas (1995) and received his second Academy Award nomination for his performance as Charlie and Donald Kaufman in the comedy-drama film Adaptation (2002).
Nicolas Kim Coppola
Long Beach, California, United States
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Nicolas went to Beverly Hills High School.
Cage finally went to UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television, but dropped out.
Actor, film producer
- Father – August Coppola (Literature Professor)
- Mother – Joy (Vogelsang) (Dancer and Choreographer) (Died in 2021)
- Siblings – Marc Coppola (Older Brother) (Actor, DJ), Christopher Coppola (Older Brother) (Film Director)
- Others – Carmine Coppola (Paternal Grandfather) (Composer), Italia Pennino (Paternal Grandmother) (Actress), Robert Albert Vogelsang (Maternal Grandfather), Louise Adrianne Siputa (Maternal Grandmother), Talia Shire (Aunt) (Actress), Francis Ford Coppola (Uncle) (Film Director, Producer, and Screenwriter), Roman Coppola (Cousin) (Film Director and Screenwriter), Sofia Coppola (Cousin) (Actress, Director, Producer, Screenwriter), Gian-Carlo Coppola (Cousin) (Film producer), Robert Carmine (Cousin) (Actor), Jason Schwartzman (Cousin) (Actor), Anton Coppola (Great Uncle) (Composer), Gia Coppola (Cousin) (Film Producer)
Nicolas Cage has been signed with –
- Stride Management, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- LINK Entertainment
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
In 2020, his net worth was $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
90 kg or 198½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nicolas Cage has dated –
- Ursula Auburn – He had an affair with Ursula Auburn in the past.
- Elizabeth Daily (1982) – Nicolas had a short-lived affair with actress and singer, Elizabeth Daily, in 1982.
- Brooke Shields (1987) – He had a fling with actress Brooke Shields in December 1987.
- Ami Dolenz (1988) – In 1988, Cage was seen romancing with actress Ami Dolenz.
- Christina Fulton (1988-1990) – From 1988 to 1990, the actors Christina Fulton and Nicolas Cage were an item. Through this relationship, he has one child, Weston Coppola Cage (b. December 26, 1990).
- Lisa Stothard (1990-1991) – After splitting from Christina, Nick then dated actress Lisa Stothard for a couple of months from 1990 to 1991.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (1991) – Honeymoon in Vegas (1992) co-stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Nicolas romanced off-screen as well in 1991. It was a RUMOR.
- Maria Conchita Alonso (1991-1992) – Actress Maria Conchita Alonso who is about 6 years his senior dated Nicolas for some time in 1991 and 1992.
- Kristen Zang (1992-1994) – Nicolas and actress Kristen Zang started dating in October 1992. They were briefly engaged in 1993, before finally calling off their engagement in 1994.
- Patricia Arquette (1994-2001) – In April 1994, Cage commenced dating actress Patricia Arquette. They tied knots in April 1995. But this relationship also saw an end in February 2000 after 5 years of marriage. The divorce was finalized in May 2001.
- Lisa Marie Presley (2002) – In August 2002, Nick started dating singer and actress Lisa Marie Presley. They got married on August 10, 2002, and applied for divorce on November 25, 2002, just after 3½ months. The divorce was finalized on May 16, 2004. Divorce proceedings took more time than the marriage itself.
- Frankie Rayder – RUMOR
- Angelina Jolie (2003) – During a black-tie event in 2003, Nicolas Cage and actress Angelina Jolie were seen kissing each other and hence sparked dating RUMORs.
- Alice Kim (2004-2016) – In January 2004, he started dating a waitress named, Alice Kim. He met her in a Sushi bar where she was working as a waitress. After dating her for a couple of months, the duo got married on July 30, 2004, in Northern California. This was Nicolas’s third wedding. The couple has one child together, son Kal-El (b. October 3, 2005). The pair split in January 2016 and filed for divorce which was finalized in the same year.
- Erika Koike (2018-2019) – In April 2018, Nicolas was first seen with a girl named, Erika Koike which sparked dating rumors. He took his relationship to the next level by getting married to Erika in March 2019 in Las Vegas. This was his 4th marriage. Even, this marriage didn’t last long and he asked for a divorce just 4 days after the marriage on March 27, 2019.
- Riko Shibata (2020-Present) – He started dating Riko Shibata in 2020. The couple tied the knot on February 16, 2021, in a Las Vegas hotel. This is his 5th marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
Nicolas Cage is of Italian, Polish, German, and British Isles (English and Scottish) descent.
Frequently plays eccentric wisecracking characters
In 1999, Nick appeared in Sankyo pachinko machines commercials in Japan.
Later in 2006, he was seen in Montblanc watches.
He has also appeared in the Senova car commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Johnny Blaze / Ghost Rider in the 2007 supernatural superhero film Ghost Rider.
He is also known for his roles in films like Left Behind (2014), Kick-Ass (2010), Leaving Las Vegas (1995), etc.
In 1982, Nicolas appeared in the coming-of-age teen comedy film Fast Times at Ridgemont High for his role as Brad’s Bud.
First TV Show
In 1981, Nicolas appeared in a TV pilot episode Best of Times for his role as Nic.
Nicolas practices Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with Royce Gracie. Royce is the one who made martial art popular in the United States after his dad started it in Brazil.
Regarding diet, he is a non-vegetarian but doesn’t eat all types of animal meats because of an odd reason. He thinks pigs don’t have dignified sex, hence, he doesn’t eat pork. But, he eats fish, birds, fowl, and some others because he is okay with how they have sex.
Nicolas Cage Favorite Things
- Movies – East of Eden (1955), The Wizard of Oz (1939), A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), A Clockwork Orange (1971)
Source – IMDb
Nicolas Cage Facts
- From an early age, he wanted to become an actor.
- American actor, James Dean (who died at 24) was his inspiration to start acting.
- After getting inspired by Marvel Comics superhero Luke Cage and avoid nepotism, he changed his name to “Nicolas Cage” early enough.
- His birthday falls just one day before that of singer Elvis Presley of whom he is a big fan.
- He has worked as a popcorn seller in a film theater.
- Nicolas once owned a pet octopus.
- He has a lizard tattoo wearing a top hat on his back.
- His middle name “Kim” is his third wife Alice Kim’s last name.
- As per some sources, Nick bought 22 cars in 2007. Out of these, 9 were Rolls Royce.
- He likes reptiles so much that on the set of Joe (2013), he asked if could hold a poisonous snake to relax.
- He has suffered from vertigo in the past.
- He played Robin “Rob” Feld in the 2021 thriller drama film, Pig, which follows a truffle forager whose beloved truffle-finding pig goes missing. His performance in the film was received praise from the critics.
- He is not on social media.