Sarah Jessica Parker
Nelsonville, Ohio, United States
Sarah Jessica Parker attended Dwight Morrow High School in Englewood, New Jersey.
Subsequently, Parker went to School of American Ballet in New York City, the New York Professional Children’s School, the School for Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati, and Hollywood High School in Los Angeles, California.
Actress, model, film producer
- Father – Stephen Parker (Entrepreneur and journalist)
- Mother – Barbara Parker (née Keck) (Nursery school operator and teacher)
- Siblings – Timothy Britten Parker (Older Brother) (Actor), Pippin Parker (Brother) (Theatre Director)
- Others – Paul Forste (Stepfather) (Truck driver and account executive)
Sarah has total 7 seven siblings (including half-siblings from her mother’s second marriage). Two of those 7 siblings are written above.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Jessica Parker dated –
- Michael J. Fox (1984) – In 1984, Sarah dated Canadian actor, Michael J. Fox for a couple of months.
- Robert Downey Jr. (1984-1991) – The actors Robert Downey Jr. and Sarah Jessica Parker were an item for seven years from 1984 to 1991.
- Joshua Kadison (1991) – Parker was RUMORed to be dating with American singer, and pianist Joshua Kadison in 1991. After they broke up, Kadison also wrote a song “Jessie” based on their relationship.
- John Kennedy Jr. (1991) – American businessman, John Kennedy Jr. had a fling with actress Sarah Jessica Parker in 1991.
- Nicolas Cage (1991) – In 1991, actor Nicolas Cage and Sarah filmed together “Honeymoon in Vegas” and had an on-screen romance. They were RUMORed to be dating off-screen as well.
- Matthew Broderick (1992-Present) – In 1992, Sarah finally started dating actor Matthew Broderick. She was introduced to him via one of her brothers at N*ked Angels theater company. On May 19, 1997, the couple married in a civil ceremony in Manhattan. The couple has three children – son James Wilkie Broderick (born – October 2002), and twin daughters, Marion Loretta Elwell and Tabitha Hodge (born – June 2009). The daughters were born via surrogacy.
Race / Ethnicity
Sarah has Eastern European Jewish ancestry on her dad’s side. She is of English and German descent on her mother’s side.
- Freckles on the body
- Beauty mark on chin
- Frequently plays the role as rich women from New York
- Sparkling blue eyes
37-24-34 in or 94-61-87 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
Garnier’s Nutrisse hair color line, priceline.com (2001), Lux Shower Gel (2004), St. Jude’s Children Hospital (2005), Garnier Skin Naturals (2007), GAP, Covet” designer fragrance (2007), Shopping Cidade Jardim (2008), Garnier Ultra-Lift Pro Deep Wrinkle Cream (2009), Ramblin’ Root Beer, Rock The Vote with Robert Downey Jr. (1988), and SJP NYC fragrance (2010).
Best Known For
Playing Carrie Bradshaw in the HBO’s romantic sitcom S*x and the City from 1998 to 2004. She was also the executive producer of the show. Sarah also appeared in the film of same name in 2008.
Sarah first appeared in 1974 in the film The Little Match Girl for her title role as “The Little Match Girl”.
In this film, she was credited as “Sarah Parker”.
First TV Show
In 1980, Parker appeared in 3 episodes of PBS’s science educational television show 3-2-1 Contact for her role as Annie.
She attends regular yoga classes and personal training sessions. Sarah has toned arms.
She is a foodie and does not deprive herself of her loved foods such as cheese, bacon, and pasta, etc. She has also followed Hampton’s Diet (consisting of low carbs, healthy fats, and lean meats) in the past when she had to lose a couple of pounds.
She is also an avid runner. She walks around and tries to use the bike for longer distances rather than a car. It keeps her metabolism up, eases digestion and keeps her active throughout the day.
Sarah Jessica Parker Favorite Things
- Food – Roast chicken from Italian restaurant Barbuto
- Food Indulgences – Pasta, Bacon, Cheese
- Movie – The Way We Were (1973), Melancholia (2011)
- Drink – Coca-Cola
- Dessert – Sister’s brownies
- Restaurant – Gradisca (in downtown New York)
- Activity – Walking
- Band – 70s band Parliament, Trombone Shorty
- Song (Lyrics) – Another Hundred People (By Stephen Sondheim)
- Country – Greece
- Pizza Topping – Sausage, Peppers, Onions
- Curse Word – Sh*t
Source – IMDb, FitSugar, Rappler, InTouchWeekly
Sarah Jessica Parker Facts
- When Sarah hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 2000, she wore 14 different outfits during the show.
- Parker is a UNICEF Ambassador.
- Jessica is trained in ballet and singing.
- As a child, Parker has lived in Cincinnati (in Ohio), Dobbs Ferry (in New York), Englewood (in New Jersey), Manhattan.
- Parker has her own perfume line called “Sarah Jessica Parker ‘Lovely'”, and has her own clothing line too called “Bitten”.
- Sarah is an avid reader.
- She prefers to have BlackBerry over the popular iPhone.
- If Parker had a tattoo, she would have it on the bottom of her foot.
- The best gift, she has ever received is her children.
- Sarah would like to have coffee with author David Remnick.
- Connect with Sarah on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and Instagram.