|Francis Ford Coppola Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 7, 1939|
|Spouse||Eleanor Jessie Neil|
Francis Ford Coppola is a legendary American director, producer, and screenwriter who is revered worldwide for directing classic films like The Godfather (1972), The Godfather Part II (1974), Apocalypse Now (1979), The Conversation (1974), Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992), The Outsiders (1983), The Rainmaker (1997), Peggy Sue Got Married (1986), Tucker: The Man and His Dream (1988), etc.
Francis Ford Coppola
Thomas Colchart, Science, Ichabod
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Carmine Coppola (Composer, Flautist, Pianist, Songwriter)
- Mother – Italia Coppola (née Pennino)
- Siblings – August Coppola (Older Brother), Talia Shire (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Nicolas Cage (Nephew) (Actor, Producer), Jason Schwartzman (Nephew) (Actor, Musician)
Francis Ford Coppola’s net worth was $400 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Francis Ford Coppola has dated –
- Eleanor Jessie Neil (1963-Present) – He got married to Eleanor Jessie Neil, a writer and documentary filmmaker, on February 2, 1963. The couple is parents to son Gian-Carlo Coppola (September 17, 1963-May 26, 1986), son Roman Coppola (b. April 22, 1965), and daughter Sofia Coppola (b. May 14, 1971).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian ancestry.
However, his hair has turned mostly ‘Gray’ due to his advancing age.
- Intense gaze
- He sports a beard and mustache.
Francis Ford Coppola Favorite Things
- Actress – Jane Powell
- Films From His Own Filmography – Apocalypse Now (1979), The Rain People (1969), Rumble Fish (1983), The Conversation (1974), Youth Without Youth (2007)
- Movies – Ashes and Diamonds (1958), The Best Years of Our Lives (1946), I Vitelloni (1953), The Bad Sleep Well (1960), Yojimbo (1961), Singin’ in the Rain (1952), The King of Comedy (1982), Raging Bull (1980), The Apartment (1960), Sunrise (1927)
Francis Ford Coppola Facts
- He was sick with polio as a child and, it was during this time that he developed a keen interest in moves and puppet theater.
- Coppola was named the ’21st Greatest Director Of All Time’ by Entertainment Weekly in 1996.
- He is one of the only few directors who has received the Academy Award for ‘Best Picture’, ‘Best Director’, and ‘Best Screenplay (Original / Adapted)’ for a single film. He bagged all the 3 awards in 1975 for The Godfather Part II (1974). Other filmmakers to join him in this achievement are Leo McCarey, Billy Wilder, James L. Brooks, Peter Jackson, Joel Coen, Ethan Coen, Alejandro Iñárritu, Bong Joon-ho, Daniel Kwan, and Daniel Scheinert.
Coppola’s close friend, George Lucas based the character of Han Solo (played by Harrison Ford) from the Star Wars film series on him.
- He has cited Elia Kazan as his greatest inspiration as a director and writer.
- The famous novelist John Grisham considers the Coppola-directed 1997 film, The Rainmaker to be the best adaptation of one of his books.
- He suffers from bipolar disorder.
- Coppola was born on the same day as Sir David Frost i.e., April 7, 1939.
Featured Image by Georges Biard / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0