|Peter Jackson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¾ in|
|Date of Birth||October 31, 1961|
Peter Jackson is a New Zealander film director, producer, and screenwriter who is best known for being the director, writer, and producer of the Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001-03) and the Hobbit trilogy (2012-14). These films have won him several accolades including the Academy Awards, Australian Film Institute Awards, British Academy Film Awards, Saturn Awards, and Producers Guild of America Award. Morever, he is also the 3rd-highest-grossing film director of all time.
Peter Robert Jackson
Wellington, New Zealand
Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – William “Bill” Jackson (Wages Clerk)
- Mother – Joan (née Ruck) (Factory Worker, Housewife)
- Others – William Jackson (Paternal Grandfather), Walter Ruck (Maternal Grandfather), Emma Jane Taylor (Maternal Grandmother)
In 2022, Peter’s net worth was estimated at $1.5 billion according to Forbes.
5 ft 4¾ in or 164.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peter Jackson has dated –
- Fran Walsh (1987-Present) – Since 1987, he has been in a relationship with screenwriter, film producer, and lyricist Fran Walsh and they parent 2 children – Billy Jackson (b. 1995) and Katie Jackson (b. 1996). The duo has also worked together on several projects including Meet the Feebles, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Jack Brown Genius, The Hobbit trilogy, and Mortal Engines.
Race / Ethnicity
Peter Jackson is of English and Welsh descent.
Salt and pepper
- Imposing physique
- Often sports unkempt hair and beard
- Often films close-ups using wide angles
- Darkly humorous scenes of violence
Peter Jackson Favorite Things
- Movies – The General (1926), King Kong (1933), Jaws (1975), Goodfellas (1990), Dawn of the Dead (1978)
- Band – The Beatles
Source – IMDb
Peter Jackson Facts
- His parents were emigrants from England. They died during the production of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Peter Jackson has owned production companies like WingNut Films, Weta Limited, and Three Foot Six.
- His movies have often been set in Wellington, New Zealand.
- For their contribution to cinema, Jackson and his partner Fran Walsh were awarded Companion of the Order of New Zealand Merit on March 5, 2002.
- The Australian Empire Magazine named him as the “Man of the Year 2002”.
- He is a huge fan of Doctor Who (1963).
- For The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Peter Jackson won the 2004 Academy Awards for “Best Picture”, “Best Director”, and “Best Adapted Screenplay”.
- On December 8, 2014, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
Featured Image by Stefan Servos / ardapedia.herr-der-ringe-film.de / CC BY-SA 3.0