|Alejandro González Iñárritu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1963|
|Spouse||Maria Eladia Hagerman|
Alejandro González Iñárritu is an award-winning Mexican director, producer, and screenwriter who has helmed acclaimed films like 21 Grams (2003), Babel (2006), Biutiful (2010), Birdman (2014), The Revenant (2015), etc.
Alejandro González Iñárritu
Mexico City, Mexico
Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Héctor González Gama (Banker)
- Mother – Luz María Iñárritu
- Siblings – Héctor González Iñárritu (Older Brother). He has another 5 older siblings.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alejandro has dated –
- Maria Eladia Hagerman – The Birdman director is married to editor and graphic designer Maria Eladia Hagerman. They have a daughter named Maria Eladia Iñárritu and a son named Eliseo Iñárritu.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Latino and White)
He has Mexican (Basque, Indigenous, and Spanish including Castilian, Asturian, Extremaduran, and Andalusian), Portuguese, and French ancestry.
However, he has noticeable specks of gray hair due to his advancing age.
Alejandro González Iñárritu Favorite Things
- Films – Andrei Rublev, The Abandoned (2010), Melody (1971), Contempt (1963)
- Actor – Philip Seymour Hoffman
Alejandro González Iñárritu Facts
- He worked as a radio host at WFM (Mexican radio station) in the 1980s before finding success as a director.
- As a teenager, Alejandro had eloped with a wealthy girl to Acapulco after watching Miloš Forman’s musical drama Hair (1979). Nevertheless, he returned back a week later.
- Among his close friends are Academy award-winning Mexican directors Alfonso Cuarón and Guillermo del Toro.
- He was awarded consecutive ‘Best Director’ Oscars for Birdman and The Revenant in 2015 and 2016 respectively. Only 2 other directors before him have achieved this feat – John Ford in 1941 and 1942 and later, Joseph L. Mankiewicz in 1950 and 1951.
Featured Image by Bart Michiels / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0