|Ben Miller Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 1966|
Ben Miller is an English actor, comedian, director, producer, voice artist, and author known for his roles like DI Richard Poole in Death in Paradise, Lord Featherington in Bridgerton, Søren in The Prince and Me, Jeremy Bough in Johnny English Strikes Again, and Officer Smith in The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir. Moreover, he wrote and starred in the sketch show Armstrong and Miller as well as the BBC sketch show The Armstrong & Miller Show.
Bennet Evan Miller
London, England, United Kingdom
Ben Miller studied at Malbank School and Sixth Form College, a local comprehensive school in Nantwich, Cheshire. He then got enrolled at St Catharine’s College, Cambridge, and studied Natural Sciences.
He continued his education at Cambridge to read for a Ph.D. in solid-state physics, with his proposed thesis titled Novel quantum effects in low-temperature quasi-zero-dimensional mesoscopic electron systems. However, he didn’t complete the thesis and decided to pursue a career in comedy.
In 1989, he joined the Cambridge University Footlights Dramatic Club and worked with Andy Parsons, David Wolstencroft, and Sue Perkins.
Actor, Comedian, Director, Producer, Voice Artist, Author
- Father – Michael Miller (Lecturer in American literature at the City of Birmingham Polytechnic)
- Mother – Marion Miller (Taught English at South Cheshire College)
- Siblings – Leah Miller (Younger Sister), Bronwen Miller (Younger Sister)
- Others – Alan Parker (Father-In-Law) (Musician, Guitarist, Composer), Abraham Lincoln (Distant Relative) (American statesman and lawyer who served as the 16th president of the United States from 1861 until his assassination in 1865)
He has been signed with –
- Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Management 360, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben Miller has dated –
- Rachel Weisz (1991-1993) – He was romantically involved with British-American actress Rachel Weisz between 1991 and 1993.
- Belinda Stewart-Wilson (2004-2011) – He got married to actress Belinda Stewart-Wilson in 2004 and they parent a son named Sonny (b. 2006). The couple worked together in Primeval, a British science-fiction drama television program. However, they divorced in the year 2011.
- Jessica Parker (2013-Present) – In September 2013, he married production executive Jessica Parker and they have been blessed with 2 children – a son named Harrison (b. 2011) and a daughter (b. June 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish, Welsh, and English descent.
He has also sported bleached ‘blonde’ hair.
- A resemblance to Rob Brydon, the Welsh actor, comedian, radio and television presenter, singer, and impressionist
- Deep-set eyes
He has done endorsement work for ITV Digital’s Monkey.
Ben Miller Facts
- He was raised in Nantwich, Cheshire.
- For his portrayal of Hamlet, Ben Miller was awarded a Judges’ Commendation at the 1990 National Student Drama Festival.
- He made his theatrical film debut as Dixon in the 1999 British historical action comedy film, Plunkett & Macleane.
- His paternal grandfather was a Lithuanian tailor who emigrated to the UK and lived in London’s East End.
- In 2020, Ben Miller appeared as a series regular playing the role of Lord Featherington, the Featherington patriarch, in the American streaming television period drama series, Bridgerton.
Featured Image by Martin / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0