|Scarlett Johansson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1984|
Scarlett Johansson is an American actress and singer, often described as a “Hollywood Sex Symbol”. Born and brought up in Manhattan, New York City, Scarlett was the world’s highest-paid actress from June 2017 to 2019. The actress was married to the famous Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds from 2008 to 2011. Scarlett came into the limelight for her performance in The Horse Whisperer (1998), the family drama movie based on Nicholas Evans’s novel. She was nominated for the “Most Promising Actress” for this film. Scarlett Johansson has been critically acclaimed for her role as Natasha Romanoff, a fictional character in the blockbuster Marvel’s Avengers film franchise.
Scarlett Ingrid Johansson
Scarlett Johansson, ScarJo (She herself rejects this nickname, but some have used this name), Scarlett Fever
New York City, New York, USA
Scarlett Johansson went to Simon Baruch Middle School and then P.S. 41 Greenwich Village School in upper-middle-class in New York. After that, she began theatrical training by attending and graduating from Professional Children’s School in Manhattan, New York City in 2002.
Actress, singer, and model
- Father – Karsten Johansson (Architect)
- Mother – Melanie Sloan (Producer)
- Siblings – Vanessa (Older Sister) (Actress), Adrian (Older Brother), Hunter (Twin Brother), Christian (Older Half-Brother)
- Others – Ejner Johansson (Paternal Grandfather) (Screenwriter, Director)
She is repped by these agencies –
- Bailey Brand Management, Inc.
- True Public Relations
Indie folk, alternative rock, dream pop
Atco Records, Rhino Entertainment
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
57 kg or 125 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Scarlett has dated –
- Jack Antonoff (2001-2002) – Musician Jack Antonoff was briefly involved with the Black Widow actress from 2001 until 2002.
- Benicio del Toro (2004) – Scarlett was rumored to be dating Puerto Rican actor Benicio del Toro in 2004.
- Ryan Reynolds (2007-2011) – Scarlett Johansson married Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds on September 27, 2008, after starting dating in April 2007. They split on December 14, 2010, after more than 2 years of happy married life. The relationship ended on July 1, 2011, officially, after their divorce.
- Sean Penn (2011) – From February 2011 to June 2011, she was romantically linked with actor Sean Penn.
- Nate Naylor (2011-2012) – Nate Naylor (New York Advertising Executive) dated Scarlett from August 2011 until October 2012.
- Romain Dauriac (2012-2016) – In November 2012, Scarlett started dating a Frenchman who runs an independent advertising agency, Romain Dauriac. They engaged in September 2013. She gave birth to the couple’s first child, girl Rose Dorothy Dauriac, who was born on September 4, 2014. The duo got married on October 1, 2014, in Philipsburg, Montana. They split in the summer of 2016 which was announced publicly in January 2017.
- Joe Machota (2017) – In 2017, Scarlett was RUMORed to be dating Creative Artists Agency’s member, Joe Machota. In October 2013, he was announced as the head of the theater department of talent agency CAA.
- Colin Jost (2017-Present) – On May 21, 2017, Scarlett went to the Saturday Night Live after-party with actor, comedian, and screenwriter, Colin Jost. They flirted and looked cozy at the after-party. They got engaged to each other in April 2019 after dating for almost two years. Scarlett’s ring was the most talked-about ring of the tinsel town. The couple got married in October 2020 in a private ceremony. In July 2021, it was revealed that they were expecting their first child together. Scarlett gave birth to a baby boy named Cosmo in August 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Scarlett is naturally a brunette but dyes her hair blonde.
- Buxom figure
- Full lips
- Sex symbol
- Husky voice
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU) or 7 (UK)
Best Known For
Her roles as Grace MacLean in The Horse Whisperer, Charlotte in Lost in Translation, superhero Black Widow in the Marvel films, seductive husky voice, and curvy, buxom figure.
1994 film North for her role as ‘Laura Nelson’.
Scarlett is a musician too. She released her debut album Anywhere I Lay My Head on May 16, 2008, via Atco Records. Metacritic gave it a rating of 58 out of 100. The only song which she herself co-wrote was “Song for Jo”.
Dolce & Gabbana (2010), Gap (2002), L’Oreal (2006), LVMH (2006), Disneyland Disney Park (2007), Walt Disney World Disney Park (2007)
In February 2022, Scarlett and Colin Jost were featured together in Amazon Alexa‘s “Super Bowl 2022” commercial.
However, she celebrates both Christmas and Hanukkah.
Bobby Strom trained ScarJo to get fit for the 2012 film ‘The Avengers’. See her workout routine and diet plan.
Scarlett Johansson’s Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Pizzas except pineapple on the top, Burger, Buffalo Wings
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Action Movie – Heat (1995)
- Favorite Music – Classic Rock
- Favorite Artists – Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, Anita O’Day, Rosemary Clooney
- Favorite Actresses – Helena Bonham Carter, Juliette Lewis, Meryl Streep, Judy Garland
- Favorite Actors – Gary Sinise, Christopher Walken, Tom Cruise
- Favorite Directors – Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, and Tim Burton
- Favorite Movie – Goodfellas (1990), Mean Streets (1973)
- Favorite Fashion Labels – Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Gucci, and Prada
Scarlett Johansson Facts
- Scarlett celebrates a “little of both” Christmas and Hanukkah and has described herself as Jewish.
- She campaigned for John Kerry in the 2004 Presidential Election.
- She also planned to attend Purchase University to study film.
- Scarlett was voted ‘Babe of the Year’ by GQ (Gentlemen’s Quarterly; men’s magazine) in 2010.
- The Looney Tunes Show made a character called Starlet Johansson in the episode Casa De Calma (June 2011), which resembled Scarlett Johansson.
- Scarlett was voted no. 7 in AskMen’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women in 2012.
- Scarlett’s lips were cut during the shooting of Match Point after Jonathan Rhys-Meyers kissed her roughly.
- Scarlett is allergic to pollen and wheat.
- N*de pictures of her were released online in September 2011 which were hacked from her cell phone.
- Esquire magazine named her to be the “Sexiest Woman Alive” in their 2006 and 2013 editions.
- She was announced as the highest-grossing film actress of all time by Box Office Mojo in July 2016.
- In January 2020, Scarlett received the “Outstanding Performer of the Year Award” at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival for her breathtaking performance in Noah Baumbach’s Oscar-nominated film, Marriage Story.
- She was not the first choice to play Black Widow in Marvel films. In fact, that role was first offered to Emily Blunt. Since she was busy with other projects, she turned it down.
- Scarlett is left-handed.
- In March 2021, it was revealed that Scarlett and her co-star Florence Pugh were suffering from pneumonia during the shooting of the 2021 action film, Black Widow.
- During the 2021 MTV Movie & TV Awards, she was honored with the “Generation Award”.
- In 1994, Scarlett played a fake spelling bee champion in a skit with Conan and Andy Richter on Conan O’Brien’s talk show.
- In June 2021, Scarlett first revealed that she was planning to launch her own beauty line by 2022.
- On July 29, 2021, Scarlett had filed a lawsuit against Disney regarding the release of the film Black Widow. As per the contract, Scarlett’s salary largely depended on the film’s performance in theaters only. However, Disney released the film on the Disney+ streaming service also, which would make her miss $50 million. Later, in September 2021, it was revealed that she and Disney had settled the Black Widow lawsuit.
- In November 2021, Scarlett was honored with the “35th Annual American Cinematheque Award” at the American Cinematheque Event.
- In December 2021, Scarlett received “The Female Movie Star of 2021” award at the 2021 People’s Choice Awards for her role in Black Widow.
- In March 2022, Scarlett launched her skincare brand, The Offset.
- In March 2022, during an appearance on The Drew Barrymore Show, Scarlett revealed that the one thing she hopes that her kids never find out about her is that she used to smoke when she was younger.
- During the 2023 Golden Heart Awards, Scarlett was honored with an award for her charity work.
- Scarlett is not on social media.