|Steven Spielberg Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1946|
Steven Spielberg is an American film director, producer, screenwriter, video game designer, and studio entrepreneur who is a prominent personality of the New Hollywood era. Over the years, he has worked on a number of movies like Jaws, Schindler’s List, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Color Purple, Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me If You Can, The Adventures of Tintin, The Post, Ready Player One, Lincoln, Twilight Zone: The Movie, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, The Goonies, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Hook, Empire of the Sun, Always, Minority Report, War of the Worlds, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Bridge of Spies, and West Side Story. Over the years, he has received many accolades including at least 3 Academy Awards (including 2 “Best Director” wins), a Kennedy Center honor, a Cecil B. DeMille Award, and an AFI Life Achievement Award. In 2013, he was named one of the “100 Most Important People of the Century” in a list curated by Time magazine.
Steven Allan Spielberg
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Steven started his schooling at Arcadia High School, Phoenix. He also attended Hebrew School from 1953 to 1957.
Steven became a graduate of the Saratoga High School in California in 1965. Then, he tried to get admission to the University of Southern California, but his application was rejected.
Finally, he got admission into California State University, Long Beach (1965-69). He was awarded an honorary degree by USC in 1994. He completed his B.A. degree in film production and electronic arts, 35 years after starting his college life, in 2002 from California State University.
Film Director, Screenwriter and Producer, Video game designer, Studio Entrepreneur
- Father – Arnold Spielberg (Electrical Engineer)
- Mother – Leah Adler (Restaurateur and Concert Pianist)
- Siblings – Anne Spielberg (Sister)
- Others – Shmuel/Samuel C. Spielberg (Paternal Grandfather), Rebecca Chechick/Chichik (Paternal Grandmother), Fievel/Phillip/Philip Posner (Maternal Grandfather), Jennie Friedman/Fridman (Maternal Grandmother)
Steven Spielberg has been repped by DreamWorks Animation, Llc., California, United States.
Steven’s net worth had been $3.7 billion in 2022 according to Forbes.
5 ft 7½ in or 172 cm
90 kg or 198 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steven Spielberg has patched up with 7 ladies till now.
- Amy Irving (1979-1989) – Steven’s first wife with whom he had lived a married life for four years. But both got divorced in 1989. Steven gave Amy a settlement of $100 million.
- Kate Capshaw (1988-Present) – Then, he got married to Kate Capshaw, his love interest in ‘Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom’ in 1991. Both are living married life since then.
Steven Spielberg has dated –
- Valerie Baternilli (1980) – She is a television star with whom this director shared a relationship for a year.
- Sarah Miles – Steven had two-year affair with Sarah, an English theater, and film actor.
- Margot Kidder – Steven Spielberg, also shared a relationship with Superman girl, Margot who acclaims that Steven was the one who made her realize that she’s on the wrong track in her life.
- Janet Maslin – An American journalist, best known for being a film critic, was also in a love affair with Steven Spielberg.
- Debbie Allen – The duo shared a warm affair during Steven’s direction ‘Amistad’ in the late 90s.
Race / Ethnicity
Steven Spielberg is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Steven is so much passionate about his work. He does not smoke, drink or use drugs. He is best known for not letting the media into his life. He has always been generous in helping less fortunate people with his money which makes him different from others.
Steven Spielberg is the co-founder of DreamWorks movie studio, which has emerged as a huge brand in the film and entertainment industry.
Best Known For
Steven Spielberg is best known for his movies like Jaws, E.T., and Jurassic Park, as all three movies became the highest-grossing films at the box office, at the time they were released. Films like Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan adds stars to his fame.
The Last Gun, in 1959, which Steven financed with a tree-planting business.
First TV Show
Night Gallery, an American anthology series that aired on channel NBC from 1970 to 1973.
Jake Steinfeld, an American actor and fitness personality is his personal fitness trainer.
Steven Spielberg’s Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – McAloon’s Chicken Pot Pie
- Favorite TV Show – Deadliest Catch
- Favorite Candy – Reese’s Pieces
- Favorite Curse Word – Rats
- Favorite Film – Fantasia (1940)
Steven Spielberg’s Facts
- Steven Spielberg has won 2 Academy Awards for Best Director for his films “Schindler’s List” and “Saving Private Ryan”.
- His 3 films “Jaws”, “E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial”, and “Jurassic Park” became the highest-grossing films at the Box office at the time they were released.
- The unadjusted gross of all Steven Spielberg’s films has grossed over $ 8.5 billion worldwide.
- He saw his 1st film during his childhood in Haddon Township, New Jersey.
- Steven made an amateur 8 mm “adventure” film with his friends in his early teens.
- His 1st film “The Last Gunfight” was an 8 mm amateur film.
- He made “The Last Gunfight” to earn the Photography Merit Badge when he was Boy Scout.
- He won a prize at the age of 13 for a 40-minute war film titled “Escape to Nowhere” which was based on the battles in East Africa.
- Spielberg wrote and directed his 1st independent film entitled “Fireflight” in 1963 at an age of 16. It was a 140-minute science fiction film, made with a budget of US $500.
- He directed and co-produced the 2021 musical romantic drama film West Side Story, starring Ansel Elgort, Rachel Zegler, Ariana DeBose, David Alvarez, Mike Faist, and Rita Moreno. For this, he was nominated for an Academy Award for “Best Director” in 2022.
- At least 9 of his films have been inducted into the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant”.
- During the 2022 Santa Barbara International Film Festival, Steven was honored with the “Outstanding Director of the Year Award”.
- Steven was among the top 10 celebrities who had caused the most private jet pollution as per the data released by sustainability marketing agency Yard and celebrity jet tracker CelebJets in July 2022. Taylor Swift was #1 on that list.
- In November 2022, it was revealed that Steven had tested positive for COVID-19.
- In January 2023, Steven received an award at the 2023 National Board Of Review Awards Gala.