|Rachel Zegler Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rachel Zegler is an American actress, singer, songwriter, and social media star who had attained critical acclaim after being cast in Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of the musical West Side Story. She is also known for the several music covers that she uploads to her eponymous YouTube channel of songs such as Chandelier (2014) by Sia Furler, The Show Must Go On (1991) by Queen, and Speechless (2009) by Lady Gaga. This incredibly talented vocalist is also a stage actress who has starred in plays such as the Beauty and the Beast, Legally Blonde, and West Side Story‘s musical. She also has a huge fan base with more than 200k subscribers on YouTube, more than 200k followers on Instagram, and more than 80k followers on Twitter.
Clifton, New Jersey, United States
Clifton, New Jersey, United States
Rachel attended Immaculate Conception High School in Lodi. She also studied at the New Jersey High School.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Social Media Star
- Mother – Gina Zegler
- Siblings – Jacqueline Zegler (Older Sister)
- Others – Chester Joseph Zegler (Paternal Grandfather), Chester John Zegler (Paternal Great Grandfather), Stephanie Marie Zimnicki (Paternal Great Grandmother), Maureen Teresa Cahill (Paternal Grandmother), Charles J. Cahill (Paternal Great Grandfather), Ruth F. Thielbar (Paternal Great Grandmother)
Vocals, Ukulele, Piano
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel has dated –
- Josh – Rachel was dating a stage actor named Josh who starred alongside her as Tony in West Side Story musical play. The couple met one another while she had traveled to Paris with her family. However, it is difficult to deduce whether the two are still dating or not.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
She has Polish, a bit of Irish, German, and Italian ancestry on her father’s side and Colombian ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Dimpled cheeks
- She has a beauty spot on the left side of her cheek.
Through her social media, Rachel has either endorsed or promoted many brands like –
- Emily Jane Designs
Best Known For
- Being cast as Maria in the film West Side Story
- The 30-second video captioned “someone: you use autotune me:”, which she uploaded to her Twitter account in December 2018
- Uploading several music covers of songs by artists such as Sia Furler, Lady Gaga, Sam Smith, and Queen to her self-titled YouTube channel
As a Singer
Rachel released her debut original track titled Twisted on September 19, 2018, via SoundCloud. She has also done several cover songs such as Bohemian Rapsody (1975) by Queen, Chandelier (2014) by Sia Furler, Yoü And I (2011) by Lady Gaga, When (2016) by Dodie Clark.
She was cast to make her debut theatrical film appearance as Maria in Steven Spielberg‘s West Side Story.
Rachel Zegler Favorite Things
- TV Show – This Is Us
- Color – Yellow
- Disney Princess – Belle from Beauty and the Beast
- Singing Performance – Cosette in Les Misérables
- Acting Performance – Maria in West Side Story
- Time Of The Year – Christmas
- Places – Paris, France, Spain, Barcelona
- Pre-Show Vocal Warm-Up – Diction
- Broadway Song To Sing In 2018 – Nothing from the musical A Chorus Line
- Character From The Show Glee (2009-2015) – Blaine Anderson played by Darren Criss
Rachel Zegler Facts
- She was part of her high school drama club. The first musical show that she ever starred in was Fiddler on the Roof as the character Shprintze when she was 12 years old. At the same time, she also started taking voice lessons.
- She had her first kiss in a pizza parlor when she was 13 years old.
- In the past, she worked as a stage actor and wedding singer.
- She played Maria in the musical of West Side Story, at the Bergen Performing Arts Center in 2017.
- Rachel was nominated for a Metropolitan High School Theater Award for her role as Belle in Beauty and the Beast in 2016.
- She is a huge fan of actress Jennifer Garner as well as singer and songwriter Freddie Mercury and Queen.
- In the past, she walked amongst thousands of people at the anti-gun movement, March for Our Lives.
- The first video she uploaded to her eponymous YouTube channel was titled ‘The Wizard and I sung by Rachel Zegler’ in 2015.
- In December 2018, her video with the caption “someone: you use autotune
me:” hit a viral state with close to 10 million views in April 2019.
- Her vocal range extends from a D flat 3 to an F6.
- Besides acting and singing, she also loved to read, learn, and write essays during her schooling years.
- Her sister Jacqueline is a Journalism major.
- Rachel’s best friend is Rayna Fox who was a student at Rowan University in April 2019.
- Rachel had surpassed more than 30,000 auditionees to get the lead role of Maria in the film West Side Story. According to The Hollywood Reporter, she had sent in a video of herself singing Tonight and Me Siento Hermosa (2009) from the musical theatre version of West Side Story after she came across an open Latino casting call.
- In her free time, she enjoys watching YouTube videos by Garrett Watts, Shane Dawson, Dodie Clark, and TheTimTracker.
Featured Image By Rachel Zegler / Instagram