Steven Allan Spielberg
Steven was born on December 18,1946
Steven was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Steven started his schooling from Arcadia High School, Phoenix. He also attended Hebrew School from 1953 to 1957. Steven became a graduate from Saratoga High School in California in 1965. Then he tried to get an admission into University of Southern California, but his application was rejected. Finally, he got admission into California State University, Long Beach (1965-69). He was awarded honorary degree by USC in 1994. He completed his B.A. degree in film production and electronic arts, 35 years after starting his college life, in 2002 from California State University.
Film Director, Screenwriter and Producer, Video game designer and Studio Entrepreneur
- Father – Arnold Spielberg (Electrical Engineer)
- Mother – Leah Adler (Restaurateur and Concert Pianist)
- Siblings – Anne Spielberg (Sister)
5 ft 7½ in or 172 cm
90 kg or 198 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steven Spielberg has patched up with 7 ladies till now.
- Amy Irving (1979-1989) – Steven’s first wife with whom he had lived a married life for four years. But both got divorced in 1989. Steven gave Amy a settlement of $100 million.
- Kate Capshaw (1988-Present) – Then, he got married to Kate Capshaw, his love interest in ‘Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom’ in 1991. Both are living married life since then.
- Valerie Baternilli (1980) – She is a television star with whom this director shared a relationship for an year.
- Sarah Miles – Steven had two year affair with Sarah, an English theater and film actress.
- Margot Kidder – Steven Spielberg, also shared relation with Superman Girl, Margot who acclaims that Steven was the one who made her realize that she’s on wrong track of her life.
- Janet Maslin – An American journalist, best known for film critic, was also in a love affair with the Steven Spielberg.
- Debbie Allen – The duo shared warm affair during Steven’s direction ‘Amistad’ in the late 90s.
Steven is so much passionate about his work. He does not smoke, drink or use drugs. He is best known for not letting the media into his life. He has always been generous in helping less fortunate people with his money which makes him different from
Steven Spielberg is the co-founder of DreamWorks movie studio, which has emerged as a huge brand in the film and entertainment industry.
Best Known For
Steven Spielberg is best known for his movies like Jaws, E.T. and Jurassic Park, as all three movies became the highest grossing films at the box office, the time they were released. Films like Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan adds stars to his fame.
The Last Gun, in 1959, which Steven financed with a tree-planting business.
First TV Show
Night Gallery, an American anthology series which aired on channel NBC from 1970 to 1973.
Jake Steinfeld, an American actor and fitness personality is his personal fitness trainer.
Steven Spielberg’s Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – McAloon’s Chicken Pot Pie
- Favorite TV Show – Deadliest Catch
- Favorite Candy – Reese’s Pieces
- Favorite Curse Word – Rats
- Favorite Film – Fantasia (1940)
Steven Spielberg’s Facts
- Steven Spielberg have won 2 Academy Awards for Best Director for his films ‘Schindler’s List’ and ‘Saving Private Ryan’.
- His 3 films ‘Jaws’, ‘E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial’ and ‘Jurassic Park’ became the highest grossing films at Box office at the time they were released.
- The unadjusted gross of all Steven Spielberg’s films grosses over $ 8.5 billion worldwide.
- Spielberg’s net worth is $ 3.2 billion as calculated by Forbes.
- He saw his 1st film during his childhood at Haddon Township, New Jersey.
- Steven made an amateur 8 mm “adventure” film with his friends in his early teens.
- His 1st film “The Last Gunfight” was an 8 mm amateur film.
- He made “The Last Gunfight” to earn the Photography Merit Badge when he was Boy Scout.
- He won a prize at the age of 13 for a 40 minute war film titled “Escape to Nowhere” which was based on the battles in East Africa.
- Spielberg wrote and directed his 1st independent film entitled “Fireflight” in 1963 at an age of 16. It was a 140 minute science fiction film, made at a budget of US $500.