Darren Everett Criss
Harry Potter, Dare, Dcriss, Blaine
San Francisco, California, United States
Criss completed his primary education from Stuart Hall for Boys and finished the schooling from Saint Ignatius College Preparatory in 2005. He attended the University of Michigan by majoring in theater performance and as well as minoring in musicology and Italian. In 2009, he received Bachelor of Fine Arts.
Actor, Singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, composer
He was previously signed with Schumacher Management.
- Father – Charles William Criss (Banker and former director of the San Francisco Opera, the Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra, the Stern Grove Festival, and San Francisco Performances)
- Mother – Cerina Criss
- Siblings – Charles “Chuck” Criss (Older Brother) (Musician and member of the indie rock band Freelance Whales)
Pop / Rock
Violin, guitar, piano, cello, mandolin, harmonica, and drums
Sony, Columbia Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
69 kg or 152 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Darren Criss dated –
- Mia Swier (2010-Present) – American film / TV producer Mia is dating Darren since 2010. However, they met in 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
His mother, who is a native of Cebu, Philippines, is actually of Chinese, Spanish and Filipino descent.
While his father who is a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is of Irish descent.
Darren Criss’ trademark includes
- Triangle Shaped thick Eyebrows
- Naturally Curly Hair
- Pink Sunglasses
- Unique Singing Voice
He is believed to be Roman Catholic but he has not publicly announced or discussed that.
Best Known For
American musical comedy-drama television series, Glee for his role as Blaine Anderson. He is appearing since season 2 from 2010.
First Extended Play (EP)
Darren Criss’s debut EP was Human, which was released in July, 2010. It reached the status of no. 17 in Billboard’s Top Heatseekers. It consisted of 5 songs, all were composed and written by Darren himself. The EP has a running length of 19:53 minutes.
Criss’s debut movie was a short movie released in 2005 titled I Adora You . He portrayed the role of Josh, which was a minor role.
First TV Show
In 2009, he appeared in a recurring role in 5 episodes for his role as Josh Burton in the television series Eastwick, which is based on John Updike’s novel “The Witches of Eastwick”.
There is no personal trainer as of now. He does on his own all the workout or exercises and takes care of his diet.
Darren Criss Favorite Things
- Favorite Color – Purple
- Favorite Accessory – Sunglasses
- Favorite Band – Freelance Whales
Darren Criss Facts
- Darren’s friends are actors Chris Colfer, Lea Michele, Ashley Benson, Mia Swier, Chord Overstreet, Joey Richter, Brian Holden, Joe Walker, Lauren Lopez, Jaime Lyn Beatty, Bonnie Gruesen, Mark Salling, Joe Moses.
- He is the co-owner of the theater company, StarKid Productions.
- He can speak the Italian language fluently.
- He was claimed to fame after playing Harry Potter in the fanmade hit musical A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel and also A Very Potter 3D: A Very Potter Senior Year.
- In January 2012, he made his Broadway debut by replacing Daniel Radcliffe.
- He has taken Violin lessons when he was 5 years old.
- Criss started composing songs when he reached the age of 15.
- Darren has studied theater at the Accademia dell’Arte in Arezzo, Italy. He spent full 6 months semester there.
- Criss’ first song on Glee, “Teenage Dream”, hit No. 1 on the Billboard Digital Songs chart, selling 214,000 singles in its first week.
- Visit his official website @ darrencriss.com.
- Follow him on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and MySpace.