|That Mexican OT Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|February 2, 1999
That Mexican OT is an American rapper and musician whose discography consists of various albums, tracks, and mixtapes such as Lonestar Luchador, South Texas Project, Southside Steppin, 1 Double 0, Nonsense and Mexican Shit, The Show Must Go On (with Saxkboy KD), Johnny Dang (with Paul Wall and Drodi), and 02.02.99.
Virgil Rene Gazca
That Mexican OT
Bay City, Matagorda County, Texas, United States
- Mother – Sophia Ann Gazca (Was killed in a drunk driving accident in 2007)
Southern Hip hop
Manifest / GoodTalk / Good Money / Interscope Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Has multiple tattoos (including a luchador mask on his hand)
That Mexican OT Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Bay City, Texas.
- When he was a child, his father was incarcerated.
- It has been stated by Shelby Stewart of the Houston Chronicle that Gazca “faced the hardships of life in the ghetto…faced betrayal from his own kin, and he’s even had his own battle with drug abuse.” Virgil René Gazca also told Stewart that he wanted to be a rapper ever since he was four years old and would sing along to rap videos he saw on 106 & Park.
- Talking about That Mexican OT’s music style, David Crone of AllMusic wrote that his style contains “bold lyricism and a relentless flow while melding trap and mariachi guitars”.
- On July 28, 2023, That Mexican OT released his major-label debut album Lonestar Luchador via Good Money Global. Upon its release, the album charted at #59 on the Billboard 200 chart and Nadine Smith of Pitchfork described the album as “a brightly colored spectacle, a freestyle brawl of rap styles and regional flavors.”
- His song titled 02.02.99 was released in 2024 and it peaked at #30 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and at #74 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- His musical influences range from rapper Big L to country singer George Strait.
- That Mexican OT has a dog named Bushwick.
Featured Image by That Mexican OT / Instagram