|Paul Wall Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1981|
Paul Wall is an American rapper who plays roles in movies occasionally. Majority of his singing career has been spent with Swishahouse Records under which he has released several albums and collaborated with other rappers under the label. His professional career began when he performed alongside Chamillionaire who released several albums with him including the independently released album Get Ya Mind Correct which sold over 350,000 copies in 2002 despite the fact that there was no major label attached to it or helping the distribution process. He was later signed to Atlantic Records in 2005 where he released major hits and made a big name for himself in the entertainment industry. Paul became very successful with his major label debut The Peoples Champ. He then released Get Money, Stay True in 2007, 2 years after he got signed to the label. Get Money, Stay True debuted in the number 1 spot on the Billboard Chart Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums.
Paul Wall has also acted in several movies. He is best known for his brilliant roles in the movies Furnace (2007), Xtinction: Predator X (2014) and I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (2009). Paul Wall is a 2007 Grammy Award-nominated artist as “Best Rap Performance as a Duo or Group” for his work on Grillz and has bagged some awards for his music. Some of these include Taste Maker (style and trendsetter) Award that he won in 2006, Best Rap/R&B collaboration for his work I’m N Luv (Wit a Stripper) remix and the Best Rap Collaboration Award for his song Holla at Me.
Paul Michael Slayton
Houston, Texas, United States
Paul attended Jersey Village High School in Texas, United States. He then moved on to the University of Houston in Houston, Texas, United States.
- Mother – Rikki Slayton
Paul Wall is represented by –
- Johnny Dang (Manager)
- Richard De La Font Agency, Inc. (Corporate Event Booking Agent)
- Universal Attractions (Talent Agent), New York, USA
- RED Distribution
- Sony Music
- Paid in Full Entertainment
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paul Wall has dated –
- Crystal Slayton (2005-Present) – Paul Wall met Crystal Slayton when they were still in college. They began dating and kept the relationship active even after he dropped out of school. The relationship got them to the altar, and they got married on the 22nd of October 2005. Asides the fact that love keeps their relationship alive, the couple has shared that their shared passion for music has also played a great role in their healthy relationship. Crystal is a country singer. They have two kids together, William Patrick (b. 2006) and Noelle (b. 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of North American descent.
- Wears diamond dental caps
- Often wears a cap
- Thick Texan accent
Best Known For
- His unique hip-hop studio albums such as Chick Magnet (2004), The Peoples Champ (2005), Fast Life (2009), Slab God (2015), and Houston Oiler (2016)
- Collaborating with other artists such as Big Pokey, Bun B, Chamillionaire, Lil Keke, Mike Jones, and Slim Thug
- Being a Grammy-nominated artist and receiving 3 Ozone Awards in 2006
- Playing roles in movies such as Furnace (2006), Ghetto Stories (2010), Alligator X (2010)
- Making videogame soundtracks in mobile games including Battle Rap Stars (2011), and SSX on Tour for Xbox and PlayStation 2- ‘Sitting Sideways’ (2005)
Paul Wall released his first studio album, Chick Magnet on February 24, 2004. The album was released under “Paid in Full Entertainment” record label.
Paul Wall made his first theatrical film appearance in the role of Joey Robbins in the movie Furnace in 2006.
First TV Show
Paul Wall made his first TV show appearance as himself on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2005.
Paul Wall Favorite Things
- Activity – Fishing
- Place – Austin, Texas
Source – Wikipedia
Paul Wall Facts
- His real biological father left his mother and sister when he was only 5 years old. Paul felt the reason for his father’s death was because he was never good enough, but now, he claims that it is better his father left before he became violent. His father was addicted to heroin which makes Paul always emphasize that he would be a better father to his children than his father was to him.
- Paul was raised by his stepfather and his mother who took care of him and his sister. His mother had to work very hard to give them proper education and pay the bills.
- He never finished studying mass communications from the University of Houston. He dropped out after 3 years of studying and went to focus on his music because he knew that was what he wanted to do.
- His 1st studio album which he released in 2004 contained collaborations with Mike Jones, Slim Thug, and many others.
- In 2010, Paul became the president of the Texas branch of “National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences” which is an association responsible for giving out the Grammy award. This achievement has made him well-respected and it is one of the things he is very proud of.
- Paul began to take codeine and got addicted, which made him lazy and very fatter. Codeine was used to solve a medical issue Paul had, but he got stuck with it after the treatment, causing him to gain weight. He later had a gastric sleeve surgery in 2010 which allowed him to lose about 130 pounds. His wife lost about 70 pounds by taking Zumba classes because she wasn’t satisfied with her looks even after her liposuction.
- Paul has a large tattoo on his chest which reads ‘Be Someone’. He claims it gives him inspiration every time he sees it sprayed on the ClownTown Houston bridge, so he decided to put it on himself.
- He owns a collection of convertibles which are all brightly colored.
- Paul Wall gave his son the name ‘Patrick Hawkins’ after the late Houston rapper, Fat Pat aka Patrick Hawkins.
- He owns a business which involves making diamond-studded grilles (dental caps).
- Follow Paul Wall on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Paul Wall / Instagram