Mark Wayne Salling
Mark Salling was born on August 17, 1982.
Mark Salling died at the age of 35 on January 30, 2018, after he was reported missing. He was found dead from an apparent suicide by hanging at a short distance away from his residence.
Dallas, Texas, United States
Shadow Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
Mark was home-schooled when he was young. He completed his elementary school education at Providence Christian School and Our Redeemer Lutheran School. He later attended Culver Military Academy for his high school education and finally earned his graduate degree from Lake Highlands High School.
Mark finally enrolled himself at the Los Angeles Music Academy College of Music in Pasadena, California where he learned how to play the guitar.
Actor, Composer, Musician
- Father – John Robert Salling Jr (Accountant)
- Mother – Condy Sue Salling (School Secretary)
- Siblings – Older Brother
- Others – John Robert Salling (Paternal Grandfather), Mildred Aline Archer (Paternal Grandmother), Wayne Stanton Wherry (Maternal Grandfather), Cleo Bess Donelson (Maternal Grandmother)
Jason M. Solomon from Full Circle Management managed Mark Salling.
Jazz, Country, Rock, Pop, Hip-hop
Vocals, Piano, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums
Mark was signed under the following labels –
- Jericho Records
- Fontana Records
- Pipe Dreams Records
6 ft or 183 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark Salling has dated –
- Naya Rivera (2007-2010) – Actress Naya Rivera began dating Salling in 2007. Naya revealed that Mark decided to call off their relationship in 2010 on the advice of his publicist as it was harmful to his public image.
- Audrina Patridge (2009-2010) – Mark was rumored to dating actress Audrina Patridge in 2009.
- Roxanne Dawn (2010-2011) – DJ and Playboy model Roxanne began dating Mark in 2010. She later went on to sue Mark claiming that he forced her to have s** with him without protection. The issues eventually settled with a settlement.
- Vienna Girardi (2010) (Rumor) – The Bachelorette star Vienna was spotted with Mark on a few occasions in 2010. The two were rumored to be dating. However, Mark denied the rumors and stated that the two were just good friends.
- Samantha Marq (2010) (Rumor) – SC Johnson heiress Samantha was reportedly getting close and personal with Mark in 2010. The two met each other at a party in Hollywood Hills.
- Solenn Heussaff (2011) – It was rumored that he went out with Filipina-French VJ, actress, model, and fashion designer, Solenn Heussaff, in 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
Mark had English, German, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, and Dutch ancestry.
His charming looks and smile
Mark had appeared in the commercial for Fandango.
Best Known For
- Portraying the role of Noah “Puck” Puckerman on the musical sitcom Glee.
- His infamous legal battle where he was accused of watching and holding child p*#nography for which he was found guilty of the same.
Mark Salling released his debut solo album called Smoke Signals under the pseudonym Jericho on February 8, 2008.
Mark made his theatrical film debut in 2011 in Glee: The 3D Concert Movie.
First TV Show
Mark made his television show debut on Walker, Texas Ranger as Billy in 1999.
Mark Salling Favorite Things
- Movie – Amadeus (1984)
- Ice Cream Flavor – Blue Bell Cookies and Cream
- Memory Of “Glee” – The worldwide tour
- Songs From The Album “Pipe Dreams” – Pipe Dreams, Fugitive, The Descent (Confessions of a Ghost)
Mark Salling Facts
- He was nearly broke before he landed the role on Glee. In fact, he was all packed and set to move back to his hometown. While auditioning for his role, he lied about his age and stated that he was only 19.
- He was fond of animals especially dogs. He owned a Blue Heeler named Hank.
- Mark had studied ornithology and could hence, identify almost any native bird in North America.
- When Mark was studying in high school, he became a part of the wrestling team.
- You can visit Mark’s social media accounts on Twitter and Facebook.
Featured Image by Kristin Dos Santos / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0