Shane Lee Yaw
Shaney Boy, Shane D-Tv, Papa Bear, Shaney, Shaney Bird, ShaneDawsonTV
Long Beach, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Shane Dawson went to the Lakewood High School in Los Angeles.
YouTuber, actor, author, comedian, singer, songwriter, and film director
- Father – Kyle Yaw Jr.
- Mother – Teresa Yaw
- Siblings – Jerid Yaw (Older Brother), Jacob Yaw (Older Brother)
- Others – Kyle Eugene Yaw (Paternal Grandfather), Nancy Lou Welch (Paternal Grandmother)
Shane Dawson is represented by United Talent Agency.
Spoof, comedy, pop rock, electronic dance, dubstep
Collective Digital Studio
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Shane Dawson has dated –
- Nadine Sykora (2010-2011) – Shane started going out with travel blogger, Nadine Sykora in the last months of 2010. Their relationship came to public knowledge after they were spotted making out. They decided to go separate ways by November 2011.
- Lisa Schwartz (2011-2015) – Shane got in a relationship with YouTuber Lisa Schwartz in December 2011. He would call the first year of their relationship as the best year of his life. The problems started surfacing in the second year as his bisexual tendencies started creeping on him. His attraction for boys made him feel guilty. He got depressed and even hired a therapist, who finally helped him realize that he was bisexual. After about two and half years of being together, cracks were visible in their relationship as he decided to move out. However, they decided against breaking up and used to get together on weekends. They ended their relationship in June 2015, just a month before he revealed that he was bisexual. However, it wasn’t the only reason behind their breakup. She wanted to get married and have kids but he was depressed and not ready for it.
- Chad Morgan II (2015) – Dawson was RUMORed to be going out with Chad Morgan II in 2015.
- Garrett Watts (2016) – Shane was dating fellow social media star, Garrett Watts in 2016. They grew close while collaborating for YouTube videos. However, their relationship lasted for merely a year.
- Ryland Adams (2016-Present) – In October 2016, he took to his Instagram account to reveal that he was dating host and web series producer, Ryland Adams. The speculation about them dating had been there for months before he finally came clean about his relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Dutch, Welsh, English, and Swedish ancestry.
Shane Dawson has starred in the commercials for the fast food chain companies –
- Taco Bell
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular YouTube stars, having garnered more than 4 billion views across various channels.
- Comically impersonating popular celebrities such as Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson, and Paris Hilton.
- Having created popular YouTube characters such as Ned the Nerd, S. Deezy and Aunt Hilda.
As a Singer
Shane has composed spoofs of the famous singles. He has particularly created hilarious versions of the hit Taylor Swift singles.
His Superluv single, which was released in March 2012, proved to be a big hit and managed to reach #1 spot on iTunes Top 100 Chart.
In 2012, he made his film debut in the psychological thriller movie, Smiley.
However, he had already appeared in two short films in 2011.
First TV Show
In 2012, he made his first TV show appearance in live-action series, The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange as Popcorn.
Shane Dawson has struggled with obesity since his early teen years. He used to weigh around 400 pounds and managed to shed about 150 pounds by the age of 18. His preferred workout mode was to head out for running. Also, he used to starve himself. He had to get the surgery done to remedy his extra skin. But he developed a hatred for the gym and again gained weight.
Shane was later guided by his trainer Rob Dionne in his quest to lose weight and to attain a better physique. He used to workout 3 times a week in the morning by laying special focus on bodyweight exercises such as burpees and jump squats that take fat burning to the next level.
He also pays special focus to what he is eating. He eats a lot of protein food sources such as chicken and fish. He also eats a generous amount of green and fresh vegetables. Plus, he makes sure that he is guzzling a lot of water the whole day.
Shane Dawson Favorite Things
- Song – Push and Shove by No Doubt
Source – Twitter
Shane Dawson Facts
- His growing up days were particularly difficult as he was regularly physically and mentally abused by his alcoholic father. He also suffered physical abuse at the hands of his mother as well.
- In his teenage years, he was often bullied for being overweight. Also, he got a lot of stick for coming from a poor background.
- In his early struggling days, he (along with his brother and mother) used to work at Jenny Craig, which is an American weight loss and nutrition company.
- In August 2008, Shane along with his mother, brother and six other co-workers were fired from Jenny Craig for watching a pole dancing video, which was made at the office premises.
- He has body dysmorphic disorder, which is a mental disorder characterized by an obsession with their appearance being flawed in some way.
- In July 2015, he revealed in a YouTube video that he was bisexual. He had first found that he was attracted to both boys and girls at the age of 5. However, his religious family had warned him that it was unacceptable to God.
- In March 2015, his non-fiction book, I Hate Myselfie: A Collection of Essays was published by Simon & Schuster. He discussed his childhood and his social media success in a series of essays.
- He was labeled as racist after he spoke against ABC’s desperate attempt to hire more actors of Hispanic origin to boost TRP. He was also accused of being racist to the African-American community due to the content of his videos.
- In 2010, the Forbes magazine placed him at the 25th position in the list of most famous web celebrities.
- Follow Shane on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, and YouTube.