Sergio Busquets Burgos
- Father – Carles Busquets (Former professional footballer who was a goalkeeper for Barcelona in the 1990s)
- Mother – Loli Burgos
- Siblings – Aitor Busquets (Brother)
Sergio is signed with Josep Maria Orobitg.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sergio Busquets dated –
- Elena Galera (2014-Present) – Since 2014, the Spanish superstar is in a relationship with Elena Galera with whom he has a son Enzo (b. 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
Sergio’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13.5 in or 34 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Busquets has appeared in a TV commercial for Qatar Airways and Nike Football.
Although he has an Arabic tattoo on his arm, that doesn’t make Sergio a Muslim.
However, his religious beliefs are still not specifically known.
Best Known For
His defensive skills and the ability to play both as a central defender and midfielder. He is often described as a hard working player who possess serious passing skills and a great game vision.
First Football Match
Sergio debuted for Barcelona in 2008 in a Catalonia cup match.
He had his La Liga debut on September 13, 2008 in a 1-1 draw against Racing de Santander.
On October 11, 2008, Sergio played his first match for the Spanish U-21 squad against Switzerland. Busquets scored a goal and despite his national team lost the game by 2-1, they managed to qualify for the 2009 UEFA European U-21 Football Championship after being triumphant on aggregate by 4-3.
Busquets first performed for the senior national team of Spain on April 1, 2009 in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier where Spain won by 2-1 over Turkey.
- Aerial duels
- Positional sense
- Ball Control
The player has no significant weaknesses.
Sergio has not appeared in a movie yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Busquets’s first television appearance was as himself in one episode of the TV series Caiga quien caiga in 2010.
Sergio’s diet and workout routine are not known.
Sergio Busquets Favorite Things
Sergio Busquets Facts
- Sergio started playing football in a local football club called CD Badia del Valles.
- During his youth career, Busquets played for UE Lleida, CEF Barbera Andalucia, UFB Jabac Terrassa, and FC Barcelona.
- In 2006, Sergio played for Barcelona C where he stayed until 2007 when he shifted to Barcelona B.
- Busquets became a part of the first team of FC Barcelona in 2008.
- On December 22, 2008, he decided to extend his contract with the Spanish club until 2013. His contract included a buy-out clause with a price of 80 million euros.
- He achieved his first La Liga goal in a 2-0 success over Athletic Bilbao on March 7, 2009.
- On January 27, 2011, Busquets extended his deal with Barcelona until 2015. His buyout clause rose to 150 million euros.
- On July 16, 2013, Sergio again extended his contract with the Spanish team until 2018.
- After Carles Puyol retired on August 1, 2014, Busquets wore the number 5 shirt for 2014–2015 La Liga season.
- During the Euro 2016 qualifier, he scored his first international goal in a 5-1 victory over Macedonia.
- Busquets won the Bravo Award in 2009.
- Sergio was part of the UEFA Champions League Team for the 2014-2015 season.
- As a player of F.C Barcelona, Sergio won the 2008-2009, 2010-2011, and 2014-2015 UEFA Champions League.
- Busquets was part of the Spanish national team which won the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- Sergio is not on social media.