|Mikael Persbrandt Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2.5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1963|
Mikael Persbrandt is a Swedish actor, model, author, singer, dancer, and producer. Internationally, he is best known for his role as Anton in the Academy Award-winning feature film, In a Better World (2010), for which he was nominated for “Best Actor” at the 2011 European Film Awards. In Sweden, Mikael is best known for his role as Gunvald Larsson in the Beck series of movies adapted from well-known Swedish novels by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö.
Mikael Åke Persbrandt
Jakobsberg, Järfälla Municipality, Stockholm County, Sweden
Ingarö, Stockholm, Sweden
He went to an art school and applied to the Academy of Ballet in 1983.
Actor, Singer, Producer, Model, Author, Dancer
- Father – Bo Inge Persbrandt
- Mother – Inga-lill Persbrandt
- Others – Karl Jonas Rafael Söderlund (Maternal Grandfather), Gustaf Pettersson (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Ida Maria Olausson/Olsson (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Ernst Fabian Jansson (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Elsa Marianne Hellström (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Karl Ferdinand Söderlund/Karlsson (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Jenny Rosalia Jonasson (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Lars Petter Sandin (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Karolina Josefina Karlsson (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Mikael Persbrandt is represented by Two Birds/Monique Wadsted (Talent Agent, Legal Representative).
6 ft 2.5 in or 189 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mikael Persbrandt has dated –
- Maria Bonnevie (1998-2003) – He was engaged to a Norwegian actress, Maria Bonnevie, between March 1998 and 2003.
- Sanna Lundell (2004-Present) – After a year of dating, he married a fellow actress Sanna Lundell in 2005. They have 3 children together – 2 sons named Igor Edgar Persbrandt Lundell (b. May 6, 2006) and Åke Lo (b. August 19, 2009), and a daughter named Olga Crafoord Lundell.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Swedish, Finland-Swedish, and possibly distant Belgian (Walloon) descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Towering height
- Multiple tattoos
Mikael Persbrandt has appeared on the TV or radio commercials for –
- Premiepensionsmyndigheten (PPM) (2001)
- Onico (Det nya snuset) (2006)
- Adressändring (2006)
- VasaKronan 9 to 5 (2006)
- Försäkringsbolaget (2006-2007)
- Läkerol Dark (2007)
- UNICEF (2009)
He also visited slums in Sao Paolo, Brazil with a soccer player Zlatan Ibrahimovic and child soldiers of Liberia in 2004, both on behalf of UNICEF.
Mikael Persbrandt Favorite Things
- Hollywood Actors – Gary Oldman, Robert De Niro, Sean Penn, Al Pacino
- Hollywood Actresses – Jessica Lange, Gena Rowlands
Source – IMDb
Mikael Persbrandt Facts
- He was baptized in the Finnish part of Stockholm, Sweden, also known as Gamla stan or The Old Town in 1963.
- His mother’s ancestors were fishing farmers.
- Mikael filmed for 259 days in 1997, which he later stated would never do again.
- He used to be into boxing and soccer growing up. Later in life, Mikael developed a passion for racing and fixing up cars and motorcycles.
- He has a horse farm.
- Mikael wanted to become a dancer after he fell in love with a ballerina. Instead of painting, he danced for 8 hours a day for 2 years just so he could see her.
- He didn’t aspire to become an actor and it was suggested to him by his dance teacher. He told Mikael that the best known Swedish director, Ingmar Bergman, sought an urgent replacement and he filled in.
- In 1998, he was test filming for a role in the movie The 13th Warrior (1999) with Antonio Banderas but was later replaced.
- He auditioned for the role of Hjelmstad in the movie Windtalkers (2002) with Nicolas Cage, Adam Beach, Mark Ruffalo, Christian Slater, and Jason Isaacs. Peter Stormare was cast instead.
- Mikael was commonly included on the various lists composed by Swedish media regarding the most attractive men.
- As a model, he appeared on the pages of the fashion magazine Café for men in September 2006.
- Authorities arrested him for cocaine use twice in 2011. He had repeated the offense in 2014 but was only sentenced to 75 hours of community service.
- In November 2017, Mikael published his debut book, Mikael Persbrandt (Sånn jeg husker det) which translated to Mikael Persbrandt (As I Remember It). It was written in collaboration with a fellow Swedish author Carl-Johan Vallgren.
Featured Image by Frankie Fouganthin / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0