|Jason Isaacs Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1963|
Jason Isaacs is an English actor who is best known for his work in films such as The Patriot (2000), Black Hawk Down (2001), Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), Peter Pan (2003), Fury (2014), and The Death of Stalin (2017). He is also well recognized for his portrayal of characters such as Michael Caffee in the crime drama TV series Brotherhood (2006-2008), Peter Connelly in the mystery thriller TV miniseries Dig (2015), Dr. Hunter Aloysius ‘Hap’ Percy in the mystery drama TV series The OA (2016-2019), and Captain Gabriel Lorca in the sci-fi TV series Star Trek: Discovery (2017-2018).
Jason Michael Isaacs
Liverpool, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Jason had attended the King David High School in Liverpool. After his family had moved to London, when he was 11 years old, he had studied at the Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School, a public school in Elstree, Hertfordshire.
After his high school graduation, he had studied law, between 1982 and 1985, at the University of Bristol, a red brick research university. After graduating from there, he had joined the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in London, where he had trained in acting from 1985 to 1988.
- Father – Eric Isaacs (Jeweller)
- Mother – Sheila Isaacs (née Nathan)
- Siblings – Brent Isaacs (Brother), Damian Isaacs (Brother), Geoff Isaacs (Brother)
- Others – Jacob ‘Jack’ Isaacs (Paternal Grandfather), Lily Yellan (Paternal Grandmother), Isaac Louis Pakman (Maternal Grandfather), Githa Polak (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason has dated –
- Emma Hewitt (1987-Present) – Jason had started dating documentary filmmaker Emma Hewitt in 1987 while he was studying at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. They began living together soon after but got married only in 2001, nearly 15 years after they had first met. They have 2 daughters together named Lily Isaacs (b. March 23, 2002) and Ruby Isaacs (b. August 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish (Belarusian, Russian, Polish) descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Jason Isaacs Facts
- He has often cited the bullying and the intolerance towards his religion, that he had faced in his childhood, as essential tools in his preparation of the numerous negative characters that he has portrayed in his acting career.
- He is an avid comic-book fan and used to maintain a massive collection of both Marvel and DC titles in his childhood.
- Although he was studying law at the University of Bristol, he became much more involved in the institution’s drama society and ended up acting in more than 30 plays. He would perform every summer at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, the world’s largest arts festival, first with the University of Bristol, and later with the National Student Theatre Company.
- Jason has been actively involved with several charities, and in July 2020, he had been nominated as patron of Bravehound, a Scottish organization that supports former servicemen and their families.
- He is predominantly right-handed but writes left-handed.
- In 2009, he had been ranked at number 54 in Empire Magazine’s list of the ‘100 Sexiest Movie Stars’.
- For the Harry Potter film series, Jason had originally auditioned for the role of Gilderoy Lockhart. However, that role went to Kenneth Branagh. Jason ended up playing the role of Lucius Malfoy.
Featured Image by Jason Isaacs / Instagram