|Sulli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 29, 1994|
|Date of Death
||October 14, 2019|
Sulli was a South Korean actor, singer, and model whose career started as a child artist. She later gained acclaim as a member of f(x), a South Korean girl group formed by SM Entertainment in 2009. The group became one of the first few recognized K-pop groups internationally and its discography consists of albums like Pinocchio, 4 Walls, Pink Tape, and Red Light. Sulli was also a part of several shows and movies including Ballad of Seodong, I Am, A Turtle’s Tale: Sammy’s Adventures, Fashion King, Hotel del Luna, Real, The Pirates, BABO, Love Needs a Miracle, Welcome to the Show, To the Beautiful You, Inkigayo, and Oh! My Lady.
Sulli, Sulli Choi
Sulli was born on March 29, 1994.
On October 14, 2019, aged 25, Sulli was found dead at her home in Seongnam, South Korea.
Busan, South Korea
Sulli went to the Jungbu Elementary School in Busan. Later, she attended the Seoul Cheongdam Elementary School.
She also got enrolled at the Chungdam Middle School. Eventually, she managed to graduate from the School of Performing Arts Seoul.
Actor, Model, Singer
- Siblings – She had a younger brother and two older brothers.
Sulli was represented by S.M. Entertainment.
K-pop, electropop, synth-pop, EDM, experimental
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm (Approx)
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sulli had dated –
- Choiza (2014-2017) – According to reports, Sulli started going out with rapper Choiza in 2014. In the early months of 2017, there were rumors doing rounds claiming that they had broken up. In March 2017, S.M. Entertainment released a statement confirming that they have indeed decided to go separate ways. At the end of the summer of 2017, Sulli was rumored to have gotten back together with Choiza. And, their decision not to refute these relationship rumors, certainly made many of their fans suspicious that they might have gotten back together.
- G-Dragon (2017) – Around February 2017, singers G-Dragon and Sulli were RUMORed to be dating each other after they were seen spending time at the Lotte World amusement park.
- Kim Min-joon (2017) – Sulli was RUMORed to be dating actor and brand director Kim Min-joon in May 2017. However, their relationship didn’t last even a couple of months as in July, it was reported that they had called time on their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slim figure
- Cute smile
33-23-32 in or 84-58.5-81 cm
0 (US) or 32 (EU) or 4 (UK)
Sulli had appeared in the commercials for
Best Known For
Being the former member of the South Korean girl band, f(x). The group holds the distinction of being the first K-pop act to have performed at SXSW. Their second album, Pink Tape, also garnered international recognition.
Her music group, f(x) released their debut studio album, Pinocchio in April 2011.
In 2007, Sulli made her first theatrical film appearance in the leading role in the action drama movie, Punch Lady.
First TV Show
In 2005, Sulli made her first TV show appearance in the role of Young Princess Seonhwa of Silla in the Korean period drama, Ballad of Seodong.
Sulli regularly worked out to keep her body toned and in perfect shape. She usually worked out for one and a half to two hours. She used to start her workout routine with stretching exercises and followed it up with strength and conditioning exercises that involved bodyweight moves as well as light dumbbell exercises. Sulli used to finish her workout with 30 minutes on the treadmill.
She was not a fan of any dieting plans as she believed it was not healthy at all. Instead, she tried to eat a healthy and balanced diet. Also, she tried to drink a lot of water throughout the day. And, she usually used to add slices of lemon to a bottle of water. Plus, she liked to have some green tea throughout the day.
- To hone her acting and performance skills, Sulli’s mother got her enrolled in an acting school at a very young age.
- When she was studying in 4th grade, she was signed up by S.M. Entertainment after she managed to come through S.M.’s audition casting system. She was groomed by the record label in their trainee program.
- Alongside Choi Min-ho and Lee Hyun-woo, she co-starred as Goo Jae-hee, a Korean girl who lives in the United States, in the 2012 television romantic comedy-drama series To the Beautiful You. For this role, she received the “New Star Award” at the 2012 SBS Drama Awards while she was also nominated for the 2012 SBS Drama Award for “Netizen Popularity Award” and the 49th Paeksang Arts Award for “Most Popular Actress (Television)”.
- She brought to life the character of Kwak Eun-jin in the 2014 coming-of-age drama film Fashion King. She co-starred in the film alongside Joo Won, Ahn Jae-hyun, and Park Se-young and her performance in the project got her nominated for the 51st Paeksang Arts Award in the “Most Popular Actress (Film)” category.
- After having worked ceaselessly on her music as well as acting career, she decided to take a break from the entertainment industry in July 2014. A year later, she announced that she was leaving f(x) to focus solely on her acting work.
- She was cast as Song Yoo-hwa in the 2017 neo-noir action film Real.
- In August 2019, she made a cameo appearance as Jung Ji-eun in an episode titled Chairman Wang’s Offer of the romantic dark fantasy-comedy television series Hotel del Luna.
- Her close friend Goo Hara committed suicide a month after Sulli’s death.
Featured Image by Acrofan / Acrofan.com / CC BY-SA 3.0