|Ted Raimi Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 14, 1965|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ted Raimi is an American actor, voiceover artist, director, screenwriter, producer, singer, and songwriter who is known for playing the role of Joxer the Mighty in the fantasy TV series, Xena: Warrior Princess, as well as for appearing as Lt. j.g. Timothy O’Neill in the science fiction television series, seaQuest DSV. He is the younger brother of filmmaker and actor, Sam Raimi, and the brothers have collaborated on a number of projects. Ted Raimi has also appeared in several roles in a large number of shows and movies which include The Evil Dead, Cleveland Smith: Bounty Hunter, Evil Dead II, Blood Rage, Easy Wheels, Lunatics: A Love Story, Army of Darkness, Clear and Present Danger, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, My Name Is Bruce, Reign Over Me, The Grudge, The Midnight Meat Train, Oz the Great and Powerful, Murder of a Cat, Baywatch, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Masters of Horror, Legend of the Seeker, Code Monkeys, and Buddy Thunderstruck. Apart from acting, he has also tried his hand at producing, writing, songwriting, as well as directing. Moreover, Ted Raimi has also accumulated an impressive social media fan base with more than 20k followers on Instagram, more than 50k followers on Twitter, and more than 20k followers on Facebook.
Theodore R. Raimi
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Ted Raimi got enrolled at Wylie E. Groves High School located in Birmingham, Oakland County, Michigan. During his days at the school, he was a popular DJ as well as a talented blues harp artist while also being an active member of the Groves Cinema Society.
Later, he studied at the University of Michigan, a public research university located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, as well as at the New York University, located in Greenwich Village, Lower Manhattan, New York City, New York. He also attended the University of Detroit.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Director, Screenwriter, Producer, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Leonard Ronald Raimi (Furniture Store Proprietor)
- Mother – Celia Barbara (née Abrams) (Lingerie Store Proprietor)
- Siblings – Samuel M. Raimi (Older Brother) (Filmmaker, Actor, Producer), Ivan M. Raimi (Older Brother) (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.), Screenwriter)
- Others – Samuel “Sam” Raimi (Paternal Grandfather), Beryl Reingewertz (Paternal Great Grandfather), Golda Grosbard (Paternal Great Grandmother), Rosa/Rose/Roiza Grossbard (Paternal Grandmother), Simcha Grossbard (Paternal Great Grandfather), Schumuel Lieb Grossbard (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Isadore Richard Abrams (Maternal Grandfather), Rose Greenspon (Maternal Grandmother), Aaron Greenspan (Maternal Great Grandfather), Rachel Kaldezar (Maternal Great Grandmother), David Kaldezar (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Pessel (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Gillian Greene (Siste-In-Law, Samuel M. Raimi’s Wife) (Actress), Emma Rose (Niece, Samuel M. Raimi’s Daughter) (Actress), Lorne Raimi (Nephew, Samuel M. Raimi’s Son) (Actor, Director), Henry Raimi (Nephew, Samuel M. Raimi’s Son) (Actor)
Ted Raimi is represented by Amsel, Eisenstadt & Frazier & Hinojosa Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Ted Raimi is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Often wears shades
- Receding hairline
Ted Raimi has appeared in a commercial for Old Rare Lottery alongside Bruce Campbell.
Ted Raimi grew up in a Jewish household and was raised in Conservative Judaism.
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Joxer the Mighty in the fantasy TV series, Xena: Warrior Princess, which starred Lucy Lawless and Renee O’Connor
- Playing the role of Lt. j.g. Timothy O’Neill in the science fiction television series, seaQuest DSV, which starred actors Roy Scheider, Jonathan Brandis, Stephanie Beacham, Don Franklin, and Michael Ironside
- Appearing in a variety of roles in several films such as The Evil Dead, Cleveland Smith: Bounty Hunter, Thou Shalt Not Kill… Except, Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader, Evil Dead II, Blood Rage, Lunatics: A Love Story, Murder of a Cat, Oz the Great and Powerful, The Midnight Meat Train, Drag Me to Hell, Patriot Games, Army of Darkness, Maniac Cop III: Badge of Silence, Clear and Present Danger, Stuart Saves His Family, Hercules and Xena – The Animated Movie: The Battle for Mount Olympus, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, My Name Is Bruce, Reign Over Me, The Grudge, and Man with the Screaming Brain
As a Musician
Ted Raimi has performed a couple of songs in Xena: Warrior Princess which include the likes of Dancing In The Moonlight, War, People Got To Be Free, The Ballad of Joxer the Mighty, Joxer the Mighty, and The Ballad of Joxer the Mighty.
He also wrote the original song, Joxer the Mighty, for Xena: Warrior Princess.
Ted Raimi made his first feature film appearance by playing the role of Bradley in the comedy-crime horror film, It’s Murder!, in 1977. In the film, he starred alongside the likes of Scott Spiegel, Sam Raimi, and Bruce Campbell.
In 1981, he made his first theatrical film appearance as Fake Shemp in the supernatural horror film, The Evil Dead, which starred actors Bruce Campbell, Ellen Sandweiss, Hal Delrich, Betsy Baker, and Theresa Tilly.
As a voiceover artist, Ted Raimi made his feature film debut by providing vocals to the character of Crius in the animated action-adventure film, Hercules and Xena – The Animated Movie: The Battle for Mount Olympus, in the year 1998. The lead cast of the film included the likes of Kevin Sorbo, Lucy Lawless, Michael Hurst, Renee O’Connor, Kevin Smith, Alexandra Tydings, and David Mackie.
First TV Show
Ted Raimi made his first TV show appearance by playing the role of Buyer in an episode, titled Stalk Radio, of the comedy sitcom, Knight & Daye, in August 1989.
As a voiceover artist, he made his TV show debut by providing vocals to the character of Skoodge /Holographic Alien Head in an episode, titled Battle of the Planets, of the animated action-adventure show, Invader ZIM, in April 2002.
Ted Raimi Facts
- When he was a child, Bruce Campbell used to often serve as his babysitter.
- He began his professional pursuits when he was around 17 years old.
- Ted Raimi has worked alongside his older brother, Sam Raimi, on numerous projects.
- His credits as a director include projects such as Morbid Minutes, Deathly Spirits, and My Treat.
- As a writer, Ted Raimi has contributed to a handful of projects such as Deathly Spirits, SeaQuest 2032, Iggy Vile M.D., Normal Joe, and Morbid Minutes.
- In 2015, he served as a producer for the TV series, Deathly Spirits.
- Over the years, he has appeared in a large number of shows which include the likes of Alien Nation, Twin Peaks, Baywatch, American Gothic, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Odyssey 5, Evil Dead: Regeneration, CSI: NY, Masters of Horror, Legend of the Seeker, Vicious Circle, Code Monkeys, 30 Days of Night: Dust to Dust, Supernatural, From the Mouths of Babes, Ash vs Evil Dead, and Buddy Thunderstruck.
- In 2005, Ted Raimi provided vocals to the character of Sam in the video game titled Evil Dead: Regeneration.
- Visit his official website @ tedraimi.com.
- Follow Ted Raimi on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by GabboT / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0