|Kevin Smith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 1970|
|Spouse||Jennifer Schwalbach Smith|
Kevin Smith is an American filmmaker, actor, comedian, comic book writer, author, voice actor, YouTuber, and podcaster who gained popularity with the low-budget comedy buddy film Clerks (1994) in which he played the character named Silent Bob. Over the years, he has worked on various films including Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Jersey Girl, Mallrats, Cop Out, Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie!, Red State, Clerks II, and Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.
Kevin Patrick Smith
Moves, Silent Bob, Bluntman, Lunch Box
Red Bank, New Jersey, United States
Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
Kevin Smith studied at Henry Hudson Regional High School and then enrolled at The New School in New York City. However, he did not graduate.
Filmmaker, Actor, Comedian, Comic Book Writer, Author, Voice Actor, YouTuber, Podcaster
- Father – Donald E. Smith (1936-2003) (Postal Worker)
- Mother – Grace (née Schultz) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Virginia (Older Sister), Donald Jr. (Older Brother)
- Others – Edgar Joseph Smith (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Augusta Fredericks (Paternal Grandmother), John Schultz (Maternal Grandfather), Anna Marie Went (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been signed with View Askew Productions, Inc., Production Company, Red Bank, New Jersey, United States.
Comedy, Horror, Fantasy
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $25 Million.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Smith has dated –
- Joey Lauren Adams (1995-1997) – In 1995, he started going out with actor and director Joey Lauren Adams and he subsequently stated his desire to marry her in Time magazine. However, the duo had a major argument while working together on the romantic comedy-drama film Chasing Amy and they eventually parted ways in June 1997.
- Jennifer Schwalbach Smith (1999-Present) – Kevin Smith met actor, podcaster, and retired reporter Jennifer Schwalbach Smith while she was interviewing him for USA Today and the couple soon started dating. On April 25, 1999, they got married at Skywalker Ranch. The duo was blessed with a daughter named Harley Quinn Smith on June 26, 1999, and she was named after the character from Batman: The Animated Series.
Race / Ethnicity
Kevin Smith is of German, Irish, and English descent on his father’s side and has German roots on his mother’s side.
Salt and pepper
- Sports a beard
- Often seen wearing a baseball cap backward
Kevin Smith has appeared in a commercial for the Panasonic DVD Recorder.
Also, he has directed commercials for –
- Diet Coke (1997)
- Diet Pepsi (1997)
- Panasonic e-Wear
- Hasbro Toys (2002)
He has served as a paid spokesperson for the brand, Weight Watchers in the past.
He was raised in a Catholic household.
In September 2014, Smith told the BBC that he believes in God, stating “Proof of God is that I have a career.”
Later, in 2017, he stated that he “believes in people”.
Kevin Smith Favorite Things
- Bands – The Police, Talking Heads, Run-D.M.C., Public Enemy, E Street Band, The Cure
- Actor To Work With – Harley Quinn Smith
Source – IMDb
Kevin Smith Facts
- Kevin is the youngest of 3 siblings.
- He is a huge fan of the New Jersey Devils.
- Kevin Smith has been friends with Quentin Tarantino, Edgar Wright, Robert Rodriguez, Donnell Rawlings, and Ben Affleck.
- He suffered a severe heart attack on February 25, 2018, after performing a stand-up comedy show at the Alex Theatre in Glendale, California.
- In 2018, Vancouver Film School announced the ‘Kevin Smith Scholarships’ in Writing, Acting, and Film Production covering full tuition.
- Kevin Smith’s film Clerks was selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the United States National Film Registry for being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant” in 2019.
- He quit using marijuana in early 2023.
- In April 2023, Kevin revealed that he spent a month in a mental health treatment facility in January. During his treatment, he focused on several childhood traumas like s*xual abuse and also being shamed for his weight by a fourth-grade teacher. He also underwent PTSD therapy with military veterans.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0