|Kevin Sorbo Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 24, 1958|
Kevin Sorbo is an American actor who rose to fame for his major character portrayals as Hercules in the mega-popular mythology series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and as Captain Dylan Hunt in the science-fiction series Andromeda. At the age of 28, he debuted as an actor and made his first on-screen appearance on NBC’s 1986 TV soap opera Santa Barbara. Shortly after his acting debut, he was offered to guest-star on various television series including Murder, She Wrote, The Commish, and 1st & Ten. Amongst all his works as an actor, his major portrayal of the fan-favorite character Hercules was his greatest breakthrough. Shortly after it was released, he became an international star and later received more top-rated projects including Xena: Warrior Princess which also turned out to be extremely popular at that time.
In 1998, a spin-off direct to video animated version of the series titled Hercules and Xena – The Animated Movie: The Battle for Mount Olympus had been released with Sorbo and Lucy Lawless voice-acting their characters. When the series ended, he was immediately offered to play another well-loved character as Captain Dylan Hunt in the hit series Andromeda from 2000 to 2005. During the early 2000s, he has had notable roles on various series and movies including The O.C., Two and a Half Men, Walking Tall: The Payback, Walking Tall: Lone Justice, Last Chance Cafe, Avenging Angel, and Psych.
Kevin David Sorbo
The Sorbs, K-Sorbs
Mound, Minnesota, United States
He went to the Minnesota State University Moorhead to double major marketing and advertising.
- Father – Ardis Sorbo
- Mother – Lynn Sorbo
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Selmer Cornelius Sorbo (Paternal Grandfather), Bertha Rodina Loberg (Paternal Grandmother), Lester Samuel Thompson (Maternal Grandfather), Opal Irene Grandfield (Maternal Grandmother), Oliver Austin Grandfield (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Della May Fife (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Kevin Sorbo is represented by Kamakazee Kiwi Corporation, Production Company.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Sorbo has dated –
- Sam Jenkins (1998-Present) – Kevin Sorbo met actress and author, Sam Jenkins whom during his Hercules days. They later started dating and got married on January 5, 1998. The couple has 3 children together – sons Braedon Cooper (b. 2001) and Shane Haaken (b, 2004), and daughter Octavia Flynn (b. 2005). From the looks of his Instagram, it seems that the actor loves to spend most of his free time traveling and hanging out with his wife and kids.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Norwegian ancestry on his father’s side and English, Scottish, and German ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Downward Pointed Nose
- Tall Height
- Thin Lips
- Square-shaped Jawline
He has endorsed brands such as –
- Jim Beam
- Bourbon Whiskey
- Pert Shampoo
He attends the nondenominational church.
Best Known For
His portrayals of the characters Hercules in Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (1995-1999) and Captain Dylan Hunt in the science-fiction series Andromeda (2000-2005)
In 1993, he made his theatrical film debut in a supporting role in Slaughter of the Innocents as John Willison.
First TV Show
In 1986, Sorbo made his first TV show appearance in an episode of the series Santa Barbara as Lars.
Looking at his Instagram, he can be seen hitting the gym for workouts with his son, Braedon Cooper.
Kevin Sorbo Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Traveling with his family
Kevin Sorbo Facts
- Before he entered showbiz, he had once worked as a model for print and television advertising to help pay for tuition.
- He’s the spokesperson and chair of a non-profit organization called A World Fit for Kids! It is an organization that trains teenagers to become mentors to younger children.
- In 2001, he appeared on the hit game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Celebrity Edition, during which he won $32,000. The money was later donated to his charity, A World Fit For Kids.
- He thinks that his religious belief is a factor that limits his career in Hollywood.
- He was considered to portray the character of Superman in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, but the role ultimately went to Dean Cain.
- Before fame, Sorbo joined an actors theater group and traveled around Europe and Australia to film commercials. In the early 1990s, he had completed more than 150 commercials.
- Visit his official website @ kevinsorbo.net.
- Connect with Kevin Sorbo on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0