|Juvenile Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 25, 1977|
Magnolia, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Steve Solomon manages Juvenile.
Hip-hop, Southern Hip Hop, Gangsta Rap
- Cash Money (1996-2001, 2003-2005)
- Universal Records (1998-1999)
- Universal Music Group (1999-2001)
- UTP Records
- Atlantic Records (2005-2009)
- E1 (2006-2011)
- Fontana (2011-2012)
- Rap-A-Lot (2013-2014)
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Juvenile has dated –
- Joy Deleston (1999-2003) – Juvenile started going out with actress and model Joy Deleston in 1999. According to reports, they remained in a relationship until 2003. In 2004, she filed a paternity suit against him, alleging that Juvenile was her newborn daughter Jelani’s father. In 2006, they managed to resolve the matter peacefully with him agreeing that Jelani was his daughter. His representative also revealed that he had started making regular child support payments. In March 2008, he was left heartbroken after his former partner and her 4 years old daughter were killed.
- Dionne Williams – In June 2012, a Louisiana court issued an arrest warrant against Juvenile for having neglected his duties as a father and failure to pay child support. The arrest warrant brought his relationship with Dionne Williams to the public notice. The media reports also revealed that his son was 13 years old at that time and he hadn’t paid a single dollar in child support since 2006. In June 2017, he was forced to spend Father’s Day weekend in the Orleans Justice Center jail for contempt of court in relation to June 2012 court order. He was also charged for his failure to pay child support.
- Shadonna Jones (2004-Present) – In October 2004, Juvenile got married to a nurse, Shadonna Jones. They had been dating for some time by then. Their lavish wedding ceremony was held at the Victory Fellowship Church in his hometown of New Orleans. They are parents to a son, Anthony, who is also reported to be a rapper.
- In June 2017, just after he was released from Orleans Justice Center jail, he was turned over to St. Charles Parish sheriff’s deputies for having failed to pay child support. However, the identity of his baby’s mother, in this case, isn’t known.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African American ancestry.
- Gold plated teeth
Best Known For
- The popularity of his single, Slow Motion, which was released in March 2004 and managed to reach the very top of the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
- The success of his album, 400 Degreez, which announced his arrival in the national rap scene. The album was certified as 4X ‘platinum’ by the RIAA.
- The popularity of his music album, Juve The Great, which was certified ‘platinum’ as well.
In 1995, he released his debut studio album, Being Myself.
In 2000, he made his theatrical film debut in the crime-action movie, Baller Blockin’.
First TV Show
In 1999, Juvenile made his first TV show appearance as himself in the comedy talk show, Late Night with Conan O’Brien.
- In 2016, he launched his exclusive clothing line of vintage-inspired t-shirts. He took images from his 90’s projects for the t-shirt line.
- In 2005, his home in Slidell, Louisiana was destroyed in Hurricane Katrina. He moved to Atlanta but returned back to Louisiana in 2006.
- He was arrested by police in Arabi, Louisiana in February 2010 after a neighbor called the police claiming that there was the stench of marijuana coming from the house, Juvenile was recording music in.
- In 2001, he announced that he was going to leave Cash Money. He also accused the record label of financial mismanagement.
- In 2001, he established UTP Records in a bid to take control of his music work. But after releasing a couple of albums with UTP, he returned to Cash Money.
- He was once slapped with a marijuana possession charge but was released on bail. He eventually pleaded guilty and was given a suspended 3-month prison sentence and was also given 6 months of probation.
- In aftermath of the Hurricane Katrina, he joined hands with fellow rapper Master P to raise funds for the hurricane victims. He also assisted in the distribution of supplies.
- In the summer of 2002, he was arrested by the police authorities after he had assaulted his barber. Juvenile had lost his calmness after discovering he had bootlegged his music.
- He was placed under arrest by the authorities in New Orleans on drug-related charges in January 2003.
- In February 2003, he was slapped with 75 hours of community service for his involvement in a brawl outside a nightclub in Miami in 2001.
Featured Image by Mikelj / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0