|Navid Negahban Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1968|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Navid Negahban is an Iranian actor and producer. He has been cast in a number of shows and movies like Threat Matrix, Las Vegas, 24, The Path to 9/11, Criminal Minds, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Moonlight, Homeland, The Mentalist, Mistresses, Legion, The Stoning of Soraya M., Brain on Fire, American Assassin, 12 Strong, and Jimmy Vestvood: Amerikan Hero.
Whenever asked about his academic background, he has claimed that he has been to various schools and acting classes throughout the world but his actual teachers have been the men he has met throughout his pursuits.
Navid Negahban is represented by United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Receding hairline
- Arched eyebrows
Best Known For
- Having been cast in several series like Threat Matrix, Las Vegas, 24, The Path to 9/11, Criminal Minds, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Moonlight, Homeland, The Mentalist, Mistresses, and Legion
- Appearing in a number of films like Charlie Wilson’s War (2007) as Refugee Camp Translator, The Stoning of Soraya M. (2008) as Ali, Brothers (2009) as Murad, American Sniper (2014) as Sheikh Al-Obodi, Jimmy Vestvood: Amerikan Hero (2015) as Mohammad Mohammad-Mohammadi, Sand Castle (2017) as Kadir, American Assassin (2017) as Behurz, 12 Strong (2018) as General Abdul Rashid Dostum, and Aladdin (2019) as The Sultan
He made his feature film debut in the drama movie, Woman on Fire, in 2002.
Navid made his first theatrical film appearance as Mr. Azzouni in the comedy-drama movie, Pretty Persuasion, in 2005.
As a voice actor, he made his feature film debut by voicing the character of Mehran in the Canadian animated film, Window Horses: The Poetic Persian Epiphany of Rosie Ming, in 2016.
First TV Show
Navid Negahban made his first TV show appearance as Oman Tariq in the sci-fi action comedy series, The Invisible Man, in 2000.
Navid Negahban Facts
- His Persian name goes like نوید نگهبان.
- His inclination towards theatre started when he was 8 years old.
- He grew up in Iran. However, Navid relocated to Turkey when he was 20 and later moved to Germany.
- He stayed in Germany for more than 8 years and worked in theatre.
- He is well-versed in English, Persian, and German. He also knows a bit French which he learned for his role as supervillain Amahl Farouk /Shadow King in Legion.
- As a producer, Navid has worked on various projects including No Second Thoughts, The REAL Shahs of Beverly Hills, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, Osprey, and The Divorce.
- He has also provided his vocals to several video games like 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.
- He has also founded Romany Studios.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0