|Kurt Hugo Schneider Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 7, 1988|
Kurt Hugo Schneider is an American film director, singer, and producer known for his singing skills. He has released covers of popular songs like Beauty and the Beat, Counting Stars, and Heart Attack on his official YouTube channel, where he has more than 12.5 million subscribers. He also has a huge fan base on other social media platforms with more than 2 million followers on Facebook, more than 400k followers on Twitter, and more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Kurt Hugo Schneider
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Kurt Hugo Schneider went to the Wissahickon High School. He graduated as the Valedictorian of his class. He later got enrolled at Yale University. Kurt graduated from Yale University in 2010 with a mathematics degree.
Film Director, Producer, Singer, Songwriter, Composer
- Father – Michael Schneider (Mathematician)
- Mother – Laurie S. Auth (Visual Artist)
- Siblings – Carson Rose (Older Sister) (Award-winning Classical Pianist)
- Others – Bernard Baldus Auth (Maternal Grandfather), Herbert Auth (Maternal Grandmother)
Kurt Hugo Schneider handles his representation work on his own.
Pop, Acoustic, Synthpop
Piano, Guitar, Percussion, Vocals
- Mud Hut Digital
- Sh-K-Boom Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kurt Hugo Schneider has dated –
- Patty Ho (2015-Present) – Kurt started dating a girl named Patty Ho in 2015. After dating for more than 4 years, he proposed to her in April 2019 and hence, they got engaged. The couple tied the knot in September 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Austrian and German ancestry and on his mother’s side, he is of German, Dutch, and English descent. He also has traces of Welsh ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Messy hairdo
- Boyish good looks
- Green eyes
In 2013, Kurt Hugo Schneider was roped in by Coca-Cola to create music videos featuring his covers of popular singles – Feel So Close (by Calvin Harris) and Little Talks (by Of Monsters and Men), for their promotional campaign.
He has also used his strong social media presence to promote a couple of products and brands like Kia Motors America.
Best Known For
- The viral popularity of his covers of popular singles.
- His popularity in a number of social media networks. His official YouTube channel has more than 12.5 million subscribers.
As a Singer
He has also served as a music producer and co-singer for a couple of original singles such as Shadow (co-singer was Sam Tsui) and Here’s To Summer (co-singer was Jessica Jarrell).
Kurt Hugo Schneider Facts
- In 2011, he decided to move to Los Angeles to pursue a social media career.
- When he was initially enrolled in piano classes in his early teens by his parents, he felt that it wasn’t suited for him and dropped out after taking classes for just 4 weeks.
- He has learned to play music on his own and has his own diligence to thank for his mastery over piano and guitar.
- Early in his teens, he decided to commit himself to chess and by the age of 15, he had become a chess master. He was considered one of the finest junior chess players in the country. He still retains an interest in chess as a hobby.
- While studying at Yale University, he got a job at school’s Digital Media Center for the Arts, which helped him get a solid base in music production and video editing.
- He used to keep a sleeping bag in the studio at Digital Media Center for the Arts so that he could dedicate long hours to his projects.
- While studying at the Yale University, he became a member of the Phi Beta Kappa fraternity.
- The first-ever video he created and posted on YouTube was a commercial for Yale’s closed-circuit TV network, YTV.
- He has collaborated with Shirley Setia for the music video of ‘A Whole New World’ in May 2019.
- Visit his official website @ kurthugoschneider.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and MySpace.
Featured Image by Kurt Hugo Schneider / Instagram