|Scott Hoying Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1991|
Scott Hoying is an American singer, songwriter, arranger, musician, actor, and producer. He has gained global acclaim as the baritone and backing vocalist of the a capella group Pentatonix as well as for being one-half of the music duo Superfruit. With Pentatonix, he has been a part of albums such as That’s Christmas to Me, PTX, Vols. 1 & 2, PTX, Pentatonix, A Pentatonix Christmas, The Best of Pentatonix Christmas, We Need a Little Christmas, Christmas is Here!, and The Lucky Ones. The group has also won at least 3 Grammy awards as “the first a cappella group to achieve mainstream success in the modern market”. Scott’s work with Superfruit includes albums, extended plays, and tracks like Future Friends, Future Friends – Part One, Future Friends – Part Two, and The Promise.
Scott Richard Hoying
Arlington, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Scott Hoying went to Martin High School and graduated in 2010. He then got enrolled at the University of Southern California.
However, he dropped out of college before his graduation.
Singer, Songwriter, Arranger, Musician, Actor, Producer
- Father – Rick Hoying
- Mother – Connie Hoying
- Siblings – Lauren Hoying (Sister)
Scott’s music band, Pentatonix is managed by Jonathan Kalter of MGMT Company.
Pop, Rock, Soul, A Cappella, R&B
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizer
RCA Records, Madison Gate Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $8 Million.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
91 kg or 201 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Scott has dated –
- Kirstie Maldonado (2012-2017) – Scott is rumored to have dated Kirstie Maldonado in the past.
- Mitch Grassi – Pentatonix members Scott and Mitch Grassi have also been romantically linked in the past. There has never been any official confirmation. In fact, these dating rumors have proved to be false and they only share the relation of friendship.
- Mark Manio (2017-Present) – In June 2017, Scott started dating model Mark Manio. Mark celebrated his 2-year anniversary in 2019 by uploading a picture of himself sleeping with Mark on his Instagram. The couple got engaged in April 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
In 2017, he publicly revealed during a live stream show that he is pansexual.
Best Known For
- Being part of the Capella music group, Pentatonix, which has released some highly popular and critically acclaimed music.
- The immense popularity of his YouTube channel, Super Fruit.
With his band Pentatonix, he released the first album PTX, Vols. 1 & 2 in July 2014 in Japan.
In 2015, Scott made his first film appearance in the musical comedy Pitch Perfect 2 as Pentatonix (the band).
First TV Show
In a March 2014 episode, Scott was first seen on the news show, Access Hollywood.
Scott relies on his gym workout to keep himself fit and trim. His workout regimen is a balanced mixture of weight lifting exercises, cardio, and floor work to tone his midsection up.
Scott Hoying Favorite Things
- Dream Mentor – Beyoncé
- Biggest Influence – Beyoncé
- Go To App – Twitter and Postmates
- Gadget – iPhone
- Concert – Beyonce’s I Am… Tour
Source – Forbes.com
Scott Hoying Facts
- He suffers from scoliosis, which leads to the curving of the backbone to one side.
- He started performing at the age of 8.
- While studying at the University of Southern California, he was a part of the popular campus Cappella group, SoCal VoCals, before leaving them to co-establish his current band.
- In May 2016, he played the character named Ted Gibbs in an episode titled The Strike in the Chord of the Fox crime procedural comedy-drama series, Bones.
- Scott Hoying and other founding members of Pentatonix met just a day before the auditions of the third season of the music-based reality show, The Sing-Off.
- Scott’s band managed to win the third season of The Sing-Off.