|Sam Tsui Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1989|
Sam Tsui has smartly used his social media fame to fuel his career rise. He has managed to garner over 3.5 million subscribers on his YouTube channel. He has built his popularity on the back of his excellent covers of songs by established artists such as Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, and Adele. His covers have even drawn attention from the original singers and his cover of Britney Spears’s single was even featured on her official website.
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sam Tsui graduated from the Wissahickon High School. Then, he got enrolled at the Yale University and graduated with a major in classical Greek.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Judy Tsui
- Siblings – Kent Kevin (Brother)
Sam Tsui is represented by Culver City-based Red Light Management.
Pop, Soul, Acoustic, Synthpop
Vocals, Piano, Synthesizer, Glockenspiel
Mud Hut Digital, NoodleHouse, Sh-K-Boom Records
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sam Tsui has dated –
- Casey Breves – In April 2016, he posted a video on his official YouTube channel in which he confirmed to the wider public that he was gay. He also revealed that he was in a relationship with the fellow musician, Casey Breves, whom he regularly collaborated with. He further revealed that they had first met while studying at the Yale University. They were also members of a cappella group on campus.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Cantonese ancestry on his father’s side and European roots on his mother’s side.
- Prominent Nose
- Sharp and defined jawline
In January 2014, Sam Tsui’s vocals were used in an endorsement video for Coca-Cola.
Best Known For
The popularity of his official YouTube channel which has over 3 million subscribers. He has used his YouTube channel to launch his music career as he initially grabbed attention by posting covers of various songs by popular artists such as Adele, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, and Taylor Swift on his channel.
In 2010, he released his debut studio album, The Covers. The album was released in a digital format in collaboration with Sh-K-Boom Records.
In 2014, he made his film debut in the musical movie, College Musical.
First Web Show
In 2014, Sam Tsui made his first web show appearance on the music series, Vevo Idol Insider.
Sam Tsui Favorite Things
- Singer – Celine Dion
- Music Artists – Carly Rae Jepsen
- Vocalists – Bruno Mars
- Video Games – Final Fantasy games
- TV Shows – The Walking Dead, Partners in Crime
- Movie – The Martian
- Gay Icon – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Lip Sync Song – I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston
- Disney Princess – Megara from Hercules, Mulan
- Celebrity Crush – Blue Ranger from Power Rangers
Sam Tsui Facts
- The first paid job he had was that of a student tour guide at the Yale University. He was an undergraduate at that time and was asked to show the very old buildings.
- He became aware of his homosexuality while he was studying in middle school. However, he didn’t come out as gay until the senior year of high school.
- While studying in high school, Sam Tsui worked in musicals such as Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Urinetown, and Titanic. He had also worked in musical theatre while studying in college.
- While studying at Yale, he was a member of an all-male a capella group called The Duke’s Men of Yale.
- At the Yale University, he worked as a paid soloist at Trinity Church Southport, which is an Episcopal church.
- In the early months of 2011, he created his new YouTube channel to help promote his work and to polish up his skills.
- In February 2011, Sam Tsui scored a big breakthrough after his cover of Hold It Against Me was featured on Britney Spears’ official website.
- Although he is best known for his musical talent, he is very proficient in the C++ programming language. He took the subject at the university.
- He can speak Cantonese up to some extent.
- Visit his official website @ samtsui.com.
- Follow Sam Tsui on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Myspace.
Featured Image by Sam Tsui / Instagram