|Cody Garbrandt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1991|
Cody Garbrandt is a Mixed Martial Artist who has been a UFC Bantamweight Champion and Pinnacle Fighting Champion. He is also known as the 2nd person to defeat Dominick Cruz at UFC 207 in December 2016. Cody is also the co-author of the book titled The Pact. He has endorsed brands like Bud Light, Geico, Harley Davidson, Body Armor, and ONNIT Pro.
Cody Ray Allen Garbrandt
Uhrichsville, Ohio, United States
Sacramento, California, United States
Cody Garbrandt studied at the Claymont High School, Uhrichsville, Ohio. Later, he got enrolled in two NCAA Division II schools, Newberry College and Notre Dame College, but soon dropped out.
Mixed Martial Artist, Author
- Mother – Jessica Enos
- Siblings – Zach Garbrandt (Brother)
Cody Garbrandt is managed by –
- Dominance MMA Management, New York City, New York, U.S.
- Team Alpha Male, Sacramento, California, U.S.
65½ in or 166 cm
Team Alpha Male
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm (Billed Height)
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cody Garbrandt has dated –
- Paige VanZant (2015) – Cody dated fellow MMA fighter, Paige VanZant, in 2015. But, they soon broke up the same year to focus on their respective careers.
- Danny Pimsanguan (2017-Present) – Cody had been in a relationship with Danny Pimsanguan for a while before they got married in July 2017. In October, Cody shared the news of his wife’s pregnancy on his social media. On March 12, 2018, the couple was blessed with a son named Kai Fisher Garbrandt.
Race / Ethnicity
- He has a tattoo of a large diamond with wings on his neck.
- Short length beard
- Crew cut hair
Cody Garbrandt has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Body Armor
- ONNIT Pro
- Bud Light
- Harley Davidson
- Metro PCS
- Copper Gel
He has been the brand ambassador of Trifecta Nutrition.
Best Known For
- Knocking off Dominick Cruz at UFC 207 to win the UFC Bantamweight Championship in December 2016 and becoming the 2nd fighter to defeat Dominick Cruz
- He has held many titles and ranks including UFC Bantamweight Championship, Pinnacle Fighting Championship, State Champion (2007), State Runner-Up (2008), and Senior National All-American in wrestling (2010).
- Being the #1 UFC Bantamweight contender as of July 26, 2018, and for standing at #11 at UFC’s pound-for-pound rankings
First Wrestling Match
On December 29, 2012, Cody Garbrandt made his MMA debut in Pinnacle FC: Pittsburgh Challenge Series 1 event in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania against Charles Kessinger, winning the match in a TKO (punches) 1–0.
First TV Show
In 2015, he made his first TV show appearance on the UFC Ultimate Insider.
Cody Garbrandt trains 2-3 times for about 4-6 hours daily and takes a break only if he feels his body requires it. He trains hard during the first 3 days of the week and uses the 4th day to recover and work on maintenance and mobility, repeating this cycle throughout.
As for his diet, Cody maintains a clean and healthy diet. Apart from breakfast, lunch, and dinner, he also snacks on either a smoothie or a bar in between the training to maintain his energy level until his next meal. He drinks gallons of water to remain hydrated. His training food chart includes –
- Breakfast – He starts his day with eggs, turkey bacon, some toast, and oatmeal (occasionally) along with coffee mixed with MCT oil.
- Lunch – His lunch consists of salmon, tilapia, or chicken, which is about 6 to 8 ounces of protein. He takes that with some rice, which has carbohydrates, along with vegetables like zucchini, broccoli, and asparagus.
- Evening Snack – He then has a smoothie prepared with protein, berries, bananas, coconut water, and spinach for more greens with some almond butter.
- Dinner – His dinner is similar to his lunch, composing of 6 to 8 ounces of protein. He takes ground turkey, few carbohydrates, and more of broccoli and greens.
He also has a ritual meal (dinner) for the night before a fight which is comprised of salmon, spinach, sweet potatoes, some sushi, and rice.
Cody Garbrandt Favorite Things
- Grappling Technique – BJJ
- Striking Technique – Boxing
- Go-To-Food – Twix or S’mores Pop-Tarts
- Tattoo – Portrait of Jesus on his left shoulder
- Place He Has Visited – Tokyo
Source – UFC, Muscle & Fitness
Cody Garbrandt Facts
- His mother enrolled him and his brother in wrestling classes at a very young age.
- At the age of 15, he started fighting, basically to stay out of the street fights and to stay focused.
- He considers his mother, Jessica Enos, and Maddux Maple, his young friend battling leukemia who makes entrances with Cody to the ring, as his heroes.
- Ever since he wore his first boxing glove, he had dreamed of fighting in the UFC.
- His earlier jobs included working in the construction business and later as an MMA instructor.
- Cody’s first trainer was his uncle, who was an amateur boxer.
- His pre-fight prep includes reminding himself that he has people who love him and support him whether he wins or loses.
- At the age of 14, his uncle gave him the nickname “No Love” because of his serious business-like attitude in the ring for Cody didn’t glove touch or shook hands and remained that way until the match ended.
- In his free time, he likes checking out the places to eat in Sacramento, go for movies, and hang out with his teammates.
- On May 8, 2018, his book titled The Pact, co-written with Mark Dagostino, was published by Harper Collins.
- Visit his official website @codygarbrandt.com.
- Follow Cody Garbrandt on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Cody Garbrandt Team / Instagram