|Kristen Schaal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 24, 1978|
Kristen Schaal is an American actress, voiceover artist, comedian, and writer who is known for providing vocals to characters like Mabel Pines in Gravity Falls, Louise Belcher in Bob’s Burgers, Sarah Lynn in BoJack Horseman, Jake Jr. in Adventure Time, and Tammy in Soul Quest Overdrive. She is also known for her roles like Hazel Wassername in 30 Rock, Carol Pilbasian in The Last Man on Earth, Amanda Simmons in The Hotwives of Orlando, Mel in Flight of the Conchords, and Hershe Heartshe in The Heart, She Holler. For her role in Bob’s Burgers, she won an Annie Award for “Outstanding Achievement, Voice Acting in an Animated TV/Broadcast Production”.
Kristen Joy Schaal
Longmont, Colorado, United States
New York, United States
Kristen Schaal studied at Skyline High School, a public high school located in Longmont, Colorado. She graduated in 1996.
After that, she attended Northwestern University.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Comedian, Writer
- Father – He has worked as a construction worker.
- Mother – She has served as a secretary.
- Sibling – David Schaal (Older Brother)
- Others – Carl Andrew Schaal (Paternal Grandfather), Martha Marie Schlichenmayer (Paternal Grandmother), William Newton Hood (Maternal Grandfather)
Kristen Schaal has been repped by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Stand-up, Film, Television
Observational Comedy, Satire, Political Satire
In 2021, her net worth was $6 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kristen Schaal has dated –
- Rich Blomquist (2012-Present) – In the year 2012, she got married to writer, producer, and occasional actor Rich Blomquist. He is a former staff writer for The Daily Show. On February 11, 2018, she announced the birth of their daughter, Ruby, on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German descent on her father’s side and has English, German, and Dutch ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Has frequently played sweet-natured but unstable characters
- High pitched voice
- Her lisp
Kristen Schaal has been cast in TV commercials for –
- Comedy Central (2003)
- Cable News Network (CNN) (2004)
- Radio Shack Electronics Stores (2005)
- Tropical Starburst Fruit Chews (2006)
- “I’ve Paid My Dues” for the 2015 Audi A3 (2014)
- Verizon Wireless (2017)
Also, she worked in a YouTube commercial for Xperia PLAY in 2011.
She was raised in a Lutheran family.
She once said, “My parents are pretty religious, devout, but did they force it on me? No, I don’t think so. I still think of myself as a Lutheran, just one who doesn’t go to church.”
Kristen Schaal Facts
- She grew up on her family’s cattle ranch, in a rural area near Boulder, Colorado.
- In 2000, Kristen Schaal shifted to New York in order to pursue a career in comedy.
- Her last name is pronounced “shôl”.
- She made her theatrical film debut as Miss Tree in the 2001 romantic-comedy fantasy film, Kate & Leopold.
- Kristen was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance” for her voice role in BoJack Horseman.
- As a voice artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to Pumpkin and Palace Witches in the computer-animated comedy film, Shrek Forever After, in 2010.
- During a charity stream hosted by Alex Hirsch in 2017, Kristen Schaal revealed that she had suffered an ectopic pregnancy and ruptured fallopian tube during a recording session for Gravity Falls. She lost at least 2 liters of blood and underwent emergency surgery after being rushed to the hospital.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0