|Chad Mendes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1985|
Chad Mendes is an American mixed martial artist known for being a featherweight MMA fighter for UFC. He has a self-titled YouTube channel, where he has more than 40k subscribers. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 300k followers on Twitter, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Chad Edward Mendes
Mini, Money, Cal Poly
Hanford, California, United States
Sacramento, California, United States
Chad Mendes completed high school from Hanford Joint Union High School District in Hanford. He then attended classes at the California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California.
Mixed Martial Artist, YouTuber, Entrepreneur
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Chad Mendes is managed by Mike Roberts and Jeff Meyer, Managers, MMA Inc., Sacramento, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chad Mendes has dated –
- Abby Raines – Chad and Abby dated for a while before tying the knot. Abby Raines is a former volleyball player at West Virginia University. They took their wedding vows at The HideOut, Kirkwood, California on August 5, 2017. Abby has a keen interest in sports and she is a regular at Chad’s matches. They have shared adorable pictures of them together on their social media sites.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Portuguese, Italian, Puerto Rican, and Irish ancestry.
- He has a pleasing personality with a friendly face.
- Short hairstyle
- Prominent nose
- He has tattoos on his arms and a mole below his left eye.
Chad has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- MTN OPS Supplements
- Lethal Products
- Traeger Grills
- Vortex Optics
- Phone Skope
- The Fever
Best Known For
- Being a featherweight MMA fighter for UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship).
- His world rankings. He was ranked #5 featherweight wrestler by Sherdog and MMACountry.com, while Fight Matrix ranked him #8 in the world in 2018.
- His impressive NCAA record. He earned NCAA All-American honor twice. In his final year, he finished with a splendid 30–1 record and was declared Pac-10 Wrestler of the Year in 2008.
First MMA Match
He made his mixed martial arts debut in Place Fighting Championship (PFC) 10: Explosive match against Giovanni Encarnacion on September 26, 2008, at Lemoore, California and won the fight via submission.
He is yet to make his debut in a theatrical film.
First TV Show
In 2010, he made his first TV show appearance in the show World Extreme Cagefighting on Versus Network.
Chad started training for mixed martial arts fight with the Team Alpha Male after his collegiate wrestling. Chad never stops training and trains the whole year round. He has a planned schedule for his training.
Then again around 2 in the afternoon, he has a session with Master Thong followed with kickboxing and 3 miles run. At times, he works out with Coach Duane Ludwig. As for his diet, he takes food of about 5,000 calories per day while avoiding all the greasy delights.
Chad Mendes Favorite Things
- Fighting Technique – The wushu finger hold
Source – UFC
Chad Mendes Facts
- He started wrestling when he was 5 years old.
- His parents divorced when he was a baby. His mother left them and he was raised by his father.
- On July 29, 2012, Chad was charged for an alleged involvement in a bar fight in his hometown of Hanford, California. The charges were dropped after Chad paid the fine.
- He considers his father as his hero.
- He enjoys fishing, hunting, and any outdoor activities, along with his friends and family.
- In case a film based on his life was to be made, he would want Tom Hardy and Jennifer Lawrence to play him and his girlfriend’s characters.
- On July 20, 2016, Chad was found positive for GHRP-6, a growth hormone release stimulator by USADA and was suspended for 2 years, until June 10, 2018.
- It was during his suspension period around December 2015, he launched Finz and Featherz, hunting and fishing guide service for celebrities and other clients, plus he always makes sure to have the best saltwater fishing rods at home. Visit the official website @ www.finzandfeatherz.com.
- Visit his official UFC page @ www.ufc.com/fighter/Chad-Mendes.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by yuggy15 / Flickr / CC BY-2.0