|Jacky Ido Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 14, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jacky Ido is a Burkinabe-born French actor, director, writer, and voice actor who is best known for having been cast as Marcel, the film projectionist, in Quentin Tarantino‘s 2009 war film titled Inglourious Basterds. In addition to that, he has also been a part of projects such as The Catch, Taxi Brooklyn, In The Morning, Le commencement, Passe le briquet à ton voisin, West, Rech JF: pour court-métrage rémunéré, Duval and Moretti, Bitter Tropics, Les enfants du pays, Futilités: Trois de suite, Laverie de famille, The White Massai, Verschollen am Kap, The Adventures of Huck Finn, Myself When I Am Real, Scappo a casa, Aya of Yop City, and The Widow.
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
He divides his time between –
- Paris, France
- Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
Actor, Director, Writer, Voice Actor
Jacky Ido has been represented by Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Note – He has 2 sons named Zanzibar Ido and Yerin Ido.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall stature
- Sports a goatee
Jacky Ido Facts
- He made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the character named Lemalian Mamutelil, a Maasai warrior, in the 2005 romantic drama film, The White Masai (German: Die weiße Massai). The film is based on an autobiographical novel of the same name by the German-born writer Corinne Hofmann.
- He served as the director and writer for the short film, Descente, in 2005.
- Jacky Ido co-starred as Bob Kane in the 2010 drama film, What War May Bring (also known as What Love May Bring).
- His voiceover credits include having worked on the 2013 animated film Aya de Yopougon.
- In 2014, he started appearing as Leo Romba, a Brooklyn cab driver from Marseille, France, who becomes Cat’s driver and a consultant for the 125th Precinct, in the French-American action-comedy police procedural television series named Taxi Brooklyn. However, on March 6, 2015, NBC canceled the series in the United States.
- From 2016 to 2017, Jacky Ido played FBI Special Agent Jules Dao in the American comedy-drama television series, The Catch, which aired on ABC from March 24, 2016.
- The film Inglourious Basterds starred Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz, Michael Fassbender, Eli Roth, Diane Kruger, Daniel Brühl, Til Schweiger, and Mélanie Laurent and it bagged various accolades including Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture”, Critics’ Choice Movie Award for “Best Acting Ensemble”, and San Diego Film Critics Society Award for “Best Performance by an Ensemble”.
Featured Image by Jacky Ido / Instagram