|Mélanie Laurent Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1983|
Mélanie Laurent is a French actor, director, writer, model, voice actor, and singer. She is known for playing Shosanna Dreyfus in the war film Inglourious Basterds, Élise “Lili” Tellier in the drama film Don’t Worry, I’m Fine, Anna in the romantic comedy-drama film Beginners, Elisabeth Beaugrand in the comedy film Return of the Hero, Justine Dhrey in the family drama film The Day I Saw Your Heart, Natacha in the comedy film Dikkenek, Lucie Hennebelle in the crime film Room of Death, Lisa in the drama film The Adopted, Alice Owen in the family adventure film Mia and the White Lion, Genevieve in the thriller film The Mad Women’s Ball, Alma Dray in the heist thriller film Now You See Me, Hanna in the historical drama film Operation Finale, Young Estefania in the drama film Night Train to Lisbon, and Two in the action-thriller film 6 Underground. A critically acclaimed actor, she has also worked as a director on projects like De moins en moins, Tomorrow, The Adopted, Breathe, The Mad Women’s Ball, X Femmes, and Plonger.
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Los Angeles, California, United States
She graduated from Lycée Hector Berlioz in Vincennes, France.
Actor, Model, Voice Actor, Singer, Writer, Director
- Father – Pierre Laurent (Voiceover actor)
- Mother – Annick (Ballerina)
- Siblings – Mathieu Laurent (Brother)
She has been represented by these agencies –
- UBBA, Talent Agency, Paris, France
- Tavistock Wood Management
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Her net worth had been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
49 kg or 108 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melanie Laurent has dated –
- Julien Boisselier (2006-2009) – The French actors Julien and Melanie dated for about three years from 2006 to January 2009.
- Damien Rice (2009) – After splitting from Julien Boisselier, Melanie dated Irish singer, Damien Rice for a couple of months in 2009.
- Ewan McGregor (2010) – Scottish actor Ewan McGregor was RUMORed to have had a fling with Laurent in January 2010.
- Bradley Cooper (2011) – In November 2011, American actor Bradley Cooper and Melanie Laurent were linked to each other and were RUMORed to be dating.
Note – Laurent is believed to be married as of 2013. She also gave birth to her first child, a son named Léo in September 2013 and her second child, a girl named Mila, was born in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She has both Ashkenazi (from Poland) and Tunisian Sephardic (from Tunisia) ancestry.
She has dyed her hair blonde.
36-25-35 in or 91.5-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
She has appeared in Christian Dior’s Hypnotic Poison perfume commercial in the past.
Best Known For
Appearing in films like Inglourious Basterds (2009), and Don’t Worry, I’m Fine (2006).
When she was dating Irish singer, Damien Rice in 2009, Melanie started recording her debut album En T’Attendant and released it on May 2, 2011.
It consists of twelve singles, making the album about 50 minutes long. It charted at #22 in the Belgian Albums Chart and the hit single from the album “En t’attendant” climbed to its personal highest at #23 in the charts.
Melanie appeared in the 1999 French film Un pont entre deux rives for her role as Lisbeth.
First TV Show
In 1998, she guest appeared in the TV series Les malheurs de Sophie and played the role of “Young Madeleine de Fleurville” in just 1 episode titled “Retour en France”.
Mélanie Laurent Favorite Things
- Movies – Hiroshima Mon Amour, The War is Over
Source – France24.com
Mélanie Laurent Facts
- Laurent’s maternal grandparents were film-poster editors.
- Melanie’s grandfather was able to survive deportation by the Nazis.
- Her dad has dubbed the character of Ned Flanders in the French version of “The Simpsons”.
- She didn’t opt for any drama or acting classes before becoming an actor as she was advised by actor Gérard Depardieu, not to do so. According to Gerard, she was already well-versed with the necessary skills.
- She is friends with Marion Cotillard and Mélanie Doutey.
- She hosted the 64th Cannes Film Festival held in 2011.
- She gave birth to her first child at the age of 30.
- Laurent started filming the movie Boomerang (2015), after 6 months of giving birth to her first child, son Leo.
- In 2010, she appeared in the theater play Promenade de santé by Nicolas Bedos.
- She co-starred as Elisabeth Beaugrand in the 2018 Franco-Belgian comedy film Return of the Hero and this role got her nominated for a Globes de Cristal Award in the “Best Actress – Comedy” category.
- She is not on social media.