|Mélanie Laurent Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1983|
Paris, Île-de-France, France
She graduated from Lycée Hector Berlioz in Vincennes, France.
Actress, model, singer, writer, director
- Father – Pierre Laurent (Voiceover actor)
- Mother – Annick (Ballerina)
- Siblings – Mathieu Laurent (Brother)
She is represented by these agencies –
- Tavistock Wood Management
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
49 kg or 108 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melanie Laurent dated –
- Julien Boisselier (2006-2009) – The French actors Julien and Melanie dated for about three years from 2006 to January 2009.
- Damien Rice (2009) – After splitting from Julien Boisselier, Melanie dated Irish singer, Damien Rice for a couple of months in 2009.
- Ewan McGregor (2010) – Scottish actor Ewan McGregor was RUMORed to have had a fling with Laurent in January 2010.
- Bradley Cooper (2011) – In November 2011, American actor Bradley Cooper and Melanie Laurent were linked to each other and were RUMORed to be dating.
Laurent is believed to be married as of 2013. She also gave birth to her first child, son Léo in September 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
She has both Ashkenazi (from Poland) and Tunisian Sephardic (from Tunisia) ancestry.
She has dyed her hair blonde.
36-25-35 in or 91.5-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has appeared in Christian Dior’s Hypnotic Poison perfume commercial in the past.
Best Known For
Appearing in films like Inglourious Basterds (2009), and Don’t Worry, I’m Fine (2006).
When she was dating Irish singer, Damien Rice in 2009, Melanie started recording her debut album, En T’Attendant and released it on May 2, 2011.
It consists of twelve singles, making the album about 50 minutes long. It charted at #22 in Belgian Albums Chart and the hit single from the album “En t’attendant” climbed to its personal highest at #23 in the charts.
Melanie appeared in the 1999 French film Un pont entre deux rives for her role as Lisbeth.
First TV Show
In 1998, she guest appeared in the TV series Les malheurs de Sophie and played the role as “Young Madeleine de Fleurville” in just 1 episode titled “Retour en France”.
Her fitness regime and eating habits are not known.
Mélanie Laurent Favorite Things
- Movies – Hiroshima Mon Amour, The War is Over
Source – France24.com
Mélanie Laurent Facts
- Laurent’s maternal grandparents were film poster editors.
- Melanie’s grandfather was able to survive deportation by the Nazis.
- Her dad has dubbed the character of Ned Flanders in the French version of “The Simpsons”.
- She didn’t opt for any drama or acting classes before becoming an actress as she was advised by actor Gérard Depardieu, not to do so. According to Gerard, she was already well-versed with the necessary skills.
- She is friends with Marion Cotillard and Mélanie Doutey.
- She hosted the 64th Cannes Film Festival held in 2011.
- She gave birth to her first child at the age of 30.
- Laurent started filming the movie Boomerang (2015), after 6 months of giving birth to her first child, son Leo.
- In 2010, she appeared in the theater play Promenade de santé by Nicolas Bedos.
- She is not on social media.