|Damien Rice Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 7, 1973|
Damien Rice is an Irish singer, songwriter, and musician who started his career as a member of the 1990s rock group Juniper. The group signed to Polygram Records in 1997 and its discography included extended plays and tracks like World Is Dead, Manna, The J-Plane, and Weatherman. In 1998, Damien Rice left the group and later started pursuing a career as a solo artist. Over the years, he has released many albums and songs such as O, My Favourite Faded Fantasy, 9, The Blower’s Daughter, 9 Crimes, Woman Like a Man, Cannonball, Volcano, Lonely Soldier (with Christy Moore), Dogs, Unplayed Piano (with Lisa Hannigan ft. Vyvienne Long, Tom Osander, and Shane Fitzsimons), I Don’t Want to Change You, and Rootless Tree.
Damien George Rice
Damien Rice studied at Salesian College in Celbridge, County Kildare.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – George Rice
- Mother – Maureen Rice
- Others – Stevie Mann (Second Cousin) (Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Music Producer), David Arnold (Second Cousin) (Composer)
Damien Rice has been signed with 13 Artists, Music Artist Management Company, Brighton, England, United Kingdom.
Folk, Indie Rock, Folk Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Bass, Drums, Clarinet
Vector Recordings, Warner Bros., DRM, 14th Floor Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $16 Million.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Damien Rice has dated –
- Lisa Hannigan (2001-2006) – He was in a relationship with musician and vocalist Lisa Hannigan between 2001 and 2006.
- Renée Zellweger (2004) – He reportedly had an affair with American actor, voiceover artist, and producer Renée Zellweger in the year 2004.
- Mélanie Laurent (2009) – Damien Rice had a short-termed romance with French actor, director, writer, model, voice actor, and singer Mélanie Laurent in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
Often sports messy hair
Damien Rice Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Celbridge in County Kildare.
- On February 1, 2002, Damien Rice released his debut studio album titled O and it includes songs like Delicate, Cold Water, The Blower’s Daughter, Amie, and I Remember. The album peaked at #2 on the Irish Albums (IRMA) chart, at #6 on the Norwegian Albums (VG-lista) chart, and at #8 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart.
- O was certified ’10× Platinum’ by the Irish Recorded Music Association (IRMA), ‘4× Platinum’ by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI), and ‘Gold’ by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) as well as the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Damien Rice’s debut album is dedicated to his friend Mic Christopher who died of a head injury in 2001.
- His 3rd studio album titled My Favourite Faded Fantasy was released on October 31, 2014, and it peaked at #1 on the Irish Albums (IRMA) chart, at #7 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart, and at #15 on the US Billboard 200 chart. It was certified ‘Silver’ by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI).
- Damien Rice’s songs have been heard on various shows such as So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol, The L Word, True Blood, Hidden Palms, Bones, The Cleaner, Jericho, ER, The Black Donnellys, The OC, Alias, Lost, Huff, Crossing Jordan, Grey’s Anatomy, Criminal Minds, House, Spin 1038, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, The Inbetweeners, and One Tree Hill.
- His songs have also been a part of films like Goldfish Memory, Reservation Road, Higher Ground, Closer, Stay, In Good Company, The Girl in the Café, Shrek the Third, and Dear Frankie.
Featured Image by Francesco / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0