|John Ross Bowie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1971|
John Ross Bowie is an American actor, screenwriter, and comedian who is known for his portrayal of Barry Kripke on The Big Bang Theory from 2016 to 2019 and Jimmy DiMeo on Speechless.
John Ross Bowie
New York City, New York, United States
John completed his studies at Bayard Rustin High School for the Humanities in 1989. After that, he went on to attain his Bachelor of Arts in English from Ithaca College.
Actor, Screenwriter, Comedian
- Father – Bruce Bowie
- Mother – Eileen Bryan (1942–2018)
- Others – John Guldemond (Cousin)
John is represented by Curtis Brown, Ltd., Pakula/King & Associates, and Principato-Young Entertainment.
John Ross Bowie’s net worth was $3 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John has dated –
- Jamie Denbo (2004-Present) – John got married to comedian Jamie Denbo on June 5, 2004. The couple has 2 children – a daughter and a son.
Race / Ethnicity
John has Scottish and Irish ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- He speaks with a lisp.
- He has beauty spot on his right cheek.
John has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- T.G.I. Friday’s
- Keystone Light Beer
- 21st-Century Auto Insurance
- Jack in the Box
- Pep Boys Auto
- Progressive Auto Insurance
- DiGiorno Pizza
- Ford Motor Company
John Ross Bowie Favorite Things
- Emoji – “Happy face with the hearts for eyes”
- Curse Word – f**k
Source – Buzzfeed
John Ross Bowie Facts
- A word that he is guilty of using often is “Cogent”.
- He was formerly a member of the pop-punk group called Egghead.
- John is a well-known sketch comedy performer of the Upright Citizens Brigade. In the past, John was also a member of the show’s sketch troupe The Naked Babies that housed fellow comedians Rob Corddry, Seth Morris, and Brian Huskey.
- His last name Bowie rhymes with the word ‘Maui’.
- As of early December 2021, he had been hosting the podcast titled Household Faces with John Ross Bowie.
- John had once stated in an interview in 2016 that he had quit drinking but still preferred to order ginger beer each time he walked into a bar.
- One TV series that he enjoyed watching in the past was Taxicab Confessions.
- The first CD that he bought was Rhythm of the Saints by Paul Simon.
- John is very fond of the taste of pretzels and peanut butter as well as sausages.
- He prefers puppies as opposed to kittens.
- John and fellow actress Idina Menzel were born on the same day.
- John’s lisp is caused by Sibilant S.
- His cousin John Guldemond is a well-known cigar-box guitar builder.
- John portrayed various characters in his first TV show titled Upright Citizens Brigade in 1999. Later, in the year 2000, he made his debut feature film appearance as a Waiter in Road Trip.
Featured Image By Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0