|Dave Coulier Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1959|
Dave Coulier is an American stand-up comedian, actor, voice actor, impressionist, TV host, and private pilot who is best known for portraying the character of Joey Gladstone in the sitcom Full House (1987–1995) and for lending his voice to Peter Venkman in the animated TV series The Real Ghostbusters (1987–1991).
David Alan Couwlier
St. Clair Shores, Macomb County, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dave had graduated, in 1977, from the Notre Dame High School, a Catholic, all-male, college preparatory school in Harper Woods, Detroit.
After his high school graduation, he had joined the University of Michigan, a public research university in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He had, however, dropped out after his freshman year to pursue a career in comedy.
Stand-up Comedian, Actor, Voice Actor, Impressionist, TV Host, Private Pilot
- Father – David Alan Couwlier
- Mother – Arlen Couwlier
- Siblings – Adrian Couwlier (Brother)
- Others – Charlotte C. Hanstein (Paternal Grandmother), Felix Couwlier (Paternal Grandfather), Joseph Norman Comeau (Maternal Grandfather), Henriette Anne Regina Comeau (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by –
- Adam Ginivisian, Booking Agent, ICM Partners, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Arlene Glucksman, Business Manager, Daniel Hoff Agency, Inc., Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dave has dated –
- Jayne Modean (1990–1992) – Dave had started dating model and actress Jayne Modean in 1990. The couple got married in June 1990 but had parted ways in 1992. They have a son together named Luc Coulier (b. November 14, 1990).
- Alanis Morissette (1993-1994) – Between 1993 and 1994, he had dated Canadian-American singer, songwriter, record producer, and actress Alanis Morissette. It is rumored that Dave was the subject of her song titled You Oughta Know.
- Melissa Bring (2005-Present) – Dave began dating photographer and producer Melissa Bring in 2005. After nearly a decade of courtship, the couple got engaged in June 2014. They got married on July 2, 2014, in Paradise Valley, Montana.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of 1/2 French-Canadian, 1/4 Belgian Flemish, 1/8 German, and 1/8 Slavic descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Affable smile
He has been featured in a TV commercial for Geico (2018).
Dave Coulier Facts
- Dave’s surname was originally ‘Couwlier’ which was later modified to the simpler ‘Coulier’.
- A fan of impressions since his childhood, he used to impersonate his principal and other members of the staff during his high school days, using the school’s PA (public address) system, often getting into trouble for his acts.
- At Notre Dame High School, he was a part of the varsity ice hockey team where he used to play defense alongside future NHL (National Hockey League) star John Blum.
- He was also a classmate of future TV director Mark Cendrowski who went on to direct most of the episodes of the global hit sitcom The Big Bang Theory. Dave and Mark had been friends since the 3rd grade and used to develop 8mm films together during high school.
- He is an ardent supporter of the Detroit-based sports teams – the Detroit Red Wings (ice hockey) and the Detroit Tigers (baseball).
Featured Image by Dave Coulier / Instagram