|Marcin Dorocinski Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1973|
Marcin Dorocinski is a Polish actor, theatre artist, and voice actor whose filmography consists of a variety of projects such as Vikings: Valhalla, Hurricane, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, The Queen’s Gambit, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One, The Woman That Dreamed About a Man (Kvinden der drømte om en mand), Spies of Warsaw, Jesteś Bogiem, Jack Strong, Miłość na wybiegu, Lęk wysokości, Sfora: Bez litości, Boisko bezdomnych, The Mighty Angel, Dzisiaj jest piątek, Ogród Luizy, Piątek trzynastego, Obława, Rose, Miłość, Krugerandy, Dræberne fra Nibe, Cape Town, Wstyd, Anthropoid, Rozmowy nocą, Francuski numer, Two Killers, Przedwiośnie, Pitbull, Nienasycenie, Idealny facet dla mojej dziewczyny, Vinci, Torowisko, Reverse, and 1409. Afera na zamku Barnstein.
Marcin Grzegorz Dorociński
Marcin Dorocinski studied at the vocational school in Grodzisk Mazowiecki and received a machinist certificate. Afterward, he enrolled at Aleksander Zelwerowicz State Theatre Academy (a public higher education institution in Warsaw, Poland which focuses on the theatre arts) in 1993.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Voice Actor
- Father – He is a blacksmith.
- Mother – She is a housewife.
- Siblings – He has 3 brothers and they have all served as police officers.
Marcin Dorocinski has been signed with Lindberg Management ApS, Talent Management Company, Copenhagen, Denmark.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $2 Million.
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marcin Dorocinski has dated –
- Malgorzata Kozuchowska (2001-2003) – He started going out with actor and television presenter Malgorzata Kozuchowska in the year 2001 and they later parted ways in 2003.
- Monika Sudół – He is married to scenic designer Monika Sudół and they have been blessed with 2 children together – a son named Stanisław (b. 2006) and a daughter named Janina (b. 2008). The couple has also raised Sudół’s son from a previous relationship, Jakub.
Race / Ethnicity
Marcin Dorocinski Facts
- He was raised in a small village Kłudzienko.
- Originally, Marcin wanted to become a professional football player but he was forced to change his plans after sustaining a major leg injury.
- It was his history teacher who first noted his acting skills.
- Alongside Sonja Richter, Mikael Nyqvist, Alberte Blichfeldt, Tammi Øst, Sara Hjort, and Charles Lelaure, Marcin Dorocinski co-starred as Maciek (a professor at the Warsaw School of Economics visiting from Poland) in the 2010 erotic psychological drama film The Woman That Dreamed About a Man (also known as The Woman Who Dreamt of a Man) (Danish: Kvinden der drømte om en mand).
- He portrayed the character of Witold Urbanowicz (a Polish fighter ace of the Second World War) in the 2018 biographical war film Hurricane. His co-stars in the film included Iwan Rheon, Milo Gibson, Stefanie Martini, Kryštof Hádek, and Christopher Jaciow.
- In 2020, he was cast as Vasily Borgov (Soviet World Champion and Beth’s biggest challenge) in the coming-of-age period drama streaming television miniseries The Queen’s Gambit. Marcin Dorocinski co-starred in the show alongside Anya Taylor-Joy, Bill Camp, Moses Ingram, Isla Johnston, Christiane Seidel, Rebecca Root, Chloe Pirrie, Akemnji Ndifornyen, Marielle Heller, Harry Melling, Patrick Kennedy, Jacob Fortune-Lloyd, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster.
- Marcin Dorocinski brought to life the character of Grand Prince Yaroslav the Wise in the historical drama streaming television series Vikings: Valhalla in 2023. A sequel to the historical drama television series Vikings, Vikings: Valhalla stars Sam Corlett, Frida Gustavsson, Leo Suter, Bradley Freegard, Jóhannes Haukur Jóhannesson, Caroline Henderson, Laura Berlin, and David Oakes.
Featured Image by Jacek Proszyk / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0