|Anya Taylor-Joy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1996|
Anya Taylor-Joy is an American-born actress and voiceover artist who is known for her roles in shows and movies such as Thomasin in The Witch, Casey Cooke in Split and Glass, Lily Reynolds in Thoroughbreds, Emma Woodhouse in Emma, Gina Gray in Peaky Blinders, Brea in The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, Irene Curie in Radioactive, Illyana Rasputin/Magik in The New Mutants, and Beth Harmon in The Queen’s Gambit.
Anya Josephine Marie Taylor-Joy
Miami, Florida, United States
Argentine, British, American
She studied at the Hill House preparatory school in Kensington before getting enrolled at Northlands School in Argentina. She has also attended Queen’s Gate School in London as well as taken ballet training.
At the age of 17, Anya dropped out of school to concentrate on becoming an actress.
Actress, Model, Voiceover Artist, Former Ballet Dancer
- Father – He used to race powerboats.
- Mother – She has worked as a photographer and interior designer.
- Siblings – She has 5 older siblings.
Anya Taylor-Joy is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency – USA (via Deadline)
- Troika, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Felker Toczek Suddleson Abramson
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anya Taylor-Joy has dated –
- Eoin Macken
- Ben Seed (2020)
- Malcolm McRae (2021-Present) – Anya’s relationship with actor Malcolm McRae first came into the spotlight in 2021 after they were spotted kissing in New York City. In July 2022, it was reported that the couple had tied the knot.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Scottish and Argentine ancestry while on her mother’s side, she is of Spanish and English descent.
- Blonde locks
- Large eyes
33-26-34 in or 84-66-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
During her brief stint as a model, she appeared in a number of advertising campaigns.
Best Known For
- Starring in the lead role in the much-lauded horror movie, The Witch (2015)
- Playing the role of young Barack Obama’s close friend in Vikram Gandhi’s Split (2016).
She made her first film appearance in an uncredited role of a feeder girl in Vampire Academy in 2014.
First TV Show
In 2014, Anya guest appeared in an episode of the detective drama series Endeavour as Philippa Collins-Davidson.
In her teen years, Anya Taylor-Joy relied on her ballet routines to keep her svelte figure in perfect shape.
However, in preparation for her role in the 2016 movie, Morgan, she underwent a boot camp style workout, which was performed almost daily for a stretch of 2 weeks. This workout relied heavily on martial arts and boxing style exercise routine.
Anya Taylor-Joy Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Dawson’s Creek (1998-2003), Freaks and Geeks (1999-2000), 8 Simple Rules (2002-2005)
- Food – Truffles
- Comedy Movie – Undercover Blues (1993)
- Pizza – Vegan Truffle Pizza
- Emoji – Unicorn, Twisted Snake, Pizza, Bearded Shrimp
- Celebrity Girl Crush – Winona Ryder, Angelina Jolie, Tilda Swinton
- Role Model – Tilda Swinton, Cate Blanchett
Anya Taylor-Joy Facts
- Her first acting performance was in the primary school production of Perkin and the Pastry Cook. She was cast in the role of Perkin.
- Anya took ballet classes until the age of 15. It was then, she decided to drop it as she didn’t want to give up on acting.
- Her first professional audition was for the role of young Maleficent in the Disney movie. She had traveled for the audition to London with her mother but, missed out on the part.
- She almost missed out on becoming a model, when she mistook Storm Modeling agency founder, Sarah Doukas as a stalker and tried to run away on the streets of London.
- Taylor-Joy can play the ukulele and likes to write songs in her free time. She has also learned to play electric guitar.
- She has been a vegetarian since the age of 10. And, in November 2015, she became a vegan as well. She doesn’t have a problem with eating eggs or cheese but objects to animal cruelty perpetrated by mass production.
- Her performance in the 2015 period supernatural horror film, The Witch, won her the 2016 Gotham Independent Film Award for “Breakthrough Actor”, 2016 New Mexico Film Critic Award for “Best Young Actress”, and 2017 Empire Award for “Best Female Newcomer”.
- When she wanted to drop out of school, she wrote a long essay for her parents in a bid to make them understand, it was a well thought and mature decision.
- She only spoke Spanish until the age of 6 as her family had shifted to Argentina when she was an infant.
- In 2017, she was honored at the Cannes Film Festival with “Trophée Chopard”.
- As a voice artist, she made her TV show debut in 2019 by providing vocals to the character of Brea, the youngest Gelfling princess of the Vapra Clan, in the American fantasy web television series, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.
- Before acting as a chess prodigy on the miniseries The Queen’s Gambit in 2020, Anya didn’t have much knowledge about chess. In her own words, “I knew that there was a board and that there were pieces, but that was pretty much it.”
- When she was young, Harry Potter books actually helped her to learn English.
- At the 2021 Golden Globes, she won the award for “Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film” for her role as Beth Harmon in Netflix’s historical drama series, The Queen Gambit (2020). For the same role, she won the 2021 Critics Choice Award for “Best Actress in a Limited Series or Movie” and the 2021 Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Limited Series”.
- In November 2021, Anya received the “Face of the Year” award at the 2021 CFDA Fashion Awards.
- Anya was bullied for her looks when she was younger.