|J. B. Smoove Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 16, 1965|
J. B. Smoove is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, and writer who had first set foot on the limelight when he starred on HBO’s TV series Def Comedy Jam as ‘Himself’ in 1995. From there, he has worked his way to fame and began to land on more roles both on television and in movies. He appeared on some of the most popular series on TV including CBS’s The Millers and in the comedy reality show Real Husbands of Hollywood wherein he plays a fictionalized version of himself. Though he was given the privilege to play on a variety of roles that generally honed him as an actor, he was first well-loved by many fans because of his wits and humor. He has had recurring roles on top-billed reality comedy sitcoms like Everybody Hates Chris and Saturday Night Live.
Following his successful TV debut back in 1995, he had an array of projects in which majority of the stints were focused on comedy acts. After fame, he was offered more regular roles during the early 2000s and some of them were roles from high-rated shows and movies. He has been a regular on HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm wherein he portrays the character of Leon Black. He later appeared on Fox’s ‘Til Death with Brad Garrett and Joely Fisher in a major role and in 2008, Smoove became part of The Gong Show with Dave Attel as one of the celebrity judges. In 2010, he hosted Russell Simmons Presents: Stand-Up at The El Rey which was held at Comedy Central. Aside from being an actor and comedian, he is also an author and wrote his first book inspired by his Curb Your Enthusiasm character as Leon.
Jerry Angelo Brooks
Plymouth, North Carolina, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
J. B. Smoove graduated from Mount Vernon High School in 1983. He later went to Norfolk State University situated in Virginia, United States, to study engineering and graphic design.
Actor, Writer, Comedian, Voice Actor
- Father – Floyd Brooks
- Mother – Elizabeth Brooks
- Siblings – He has 2 younger brothers.
J. B. Smoove is represented by –
- Rick Dorfman, Authentic Talent & Literary Management
- Doug Edley, United Talent Agency
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
J. B. Smoove has dated –
- Shahidah Omar (2007-Present) – J. B. Smoove has been married to singer-actress Shahidah Omar since 2007 and they have one daughter together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Oval Shaped Face
- Thick Eyebrows
- Tall Height
J. B. has appeared in the TV commercials for popular brands such as –
- Crown Royal Vanilla (2016)
- McDonald’s (2017, 2019)
- Planet Fitness (2019)
He has also endorsed his own brand, Merch Method.
Best Known For
- Performing as a stand-up comedian under the name J. B. Smoove
- His notable comedy acts on hit reality TV shows and numerous appearances on mega-popular series including The Millers, Real Husbands of Hollywood, Everybody Hates Chris, Saturday Night Live, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Russell Simmons Presents: Stand-Up at The El Rey
In 1997, J. B. Smoove made his theatrical film debut as Chucky in Lesser Prophets.
First TV Show
In 1995, he made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ on HBO’s Def Comedy Jam during which he also worked as a writer.
J. B. Smoove Favorite Things
- Sports – Basketball
- Professional Basketball Teams – New York Knicks, New York Yankees
- Professional Football Team – New York Jets
Source – Wikipedia
J. B. Smoove Facts
- He’s a car enthusiast.
- Smoove is an avid sports fan.
- Living with his extended maternal family in Plymouth, North Carolina, United States, has inspired much of his career as a comedian.
- He made a cameo in an episode of American Dad! and voiced as Inspector Finecomb in the animated series Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil in 2011.
- In 2012, he had his first televised comedy special titled JB Smoove: That’s How I Dooz It.
- He wrote a book inspired by his character as Leon Black from the series Curb Your Enthusiasm and it was published on October 10, 2017.
- Visit his official website @ JBSmoove.com.
- Connect with J. B. Smoove on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Mingle Media TV / Flickr / CC-BY-SA-2.0