|Brad Garrett Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 14, 1960|
Brad Garrett is an American stand-up comedian, actor, voice actor, and professional poker player who is best known for portraying the character of Robert Barone in the globally popular sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond (1996–2005), a performance for which he had won the Primetime Emmy Award in the category of ‘Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series’ thrice (2002, 2003 and 2005). He has acted and lent his voice to characters in numerous other films and TV series. Besides his successful comedy and acting career, he is also a professional poker player who had won the 5th season of the game show Celebrity Poker Showdown.
Bradley Henry Gerstenfeld
Woodland Hills, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
Brad had attended the George Ellery Hale Middle School and had then graduated, in 1978, from the El Camino Real Charter High School, both located in his hometown of Woodland Hills.
After his high school graduation, he had joined the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) but had dropped out after just 2 months there to pursue a career in comedy. He had later studied acting at the renowned Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York City.
Stand-up Comedian, Actor, Voice Actor, Professional Poker Player
- Father – Alvin ‘Al’ Gerstenfeld (Hearing Aid Salesman)
- Mother – Barbara Gerstenfeld (née Colton)
- Siblings – Paul Gerstenfeld (Older Brother), Jeff Gerstenfeld (Older Brother)
Observational Comedy, Prop Comedy, Improvisational Comedy, Insult Comedy, Satire
6 ft 9 in or 205.5 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brad has dated –
- Jill Diven (1994–2007) – Brad had started dating Jill Diven in 1994 and they got engaged in 1998 after he had proposed to her on the sets of Everybody Loves Raymond. They got married on May 18, 1999, and have 2 children together – a son named Maxwell Bradley Garrett (b. October 14, 1998) and a daughter named Hope Violet Garrett (b. January 2000). They had parted ways in 2005 and Jill had filed for divorce in July 2006 which was finalized in November 2007.
- IsaBeall Quella (2009-Present) – Brad had started dating actress IsaBeall Quella, 24 years his junior, secretly in 2009. He eventually proposed to her in December 2015 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. The couple got engaged in October 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Towering frame
- Tousled hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
- Deep, booming voice
Brad has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- 7-Up (2009)
- Apple (2016)
He had also been featured in Mars Candies‘ ‘Become an M&M’ print ad campaign (2007).
Brad Garrett Facts
- He was once suspended in junior high school for shooting a paper clip from a rubber band into the chest of a classmate.
- In 1984, he had become the inaugural grand champion in the comedy category of the reality TV show Star Search, winning USD 100k.
- In 2007, he had struck a photographer’s camera that then hit him in the face. However, the district attorney did not file charges against Brad because he felt that the photographer had provoked him.
- In 2013, he had released his autobiography titled ‘When The Balls Drop’.
Featured Image by Brad Garrett / Instagram