|B.o.B Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1988|
B.o.B is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer who was discovered by Brian Richardson in 2006. Over the years, he has released several albums, tracks, extended plays, and mixtapes which include B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray, Underground Luxury, Psycadelik Thoughtz, Naga, Southmatic, EARTH, Somnia, WATER, FIRE, Ether, 12th Dimension, Eastside, Hi! My Name is B.o.B, Cloud 9, The Future, No Genre, AIR, Airplanes (ft. Hayley Williams), Magic (ft. Rivers Cuomo), Don’t Let Me Fall, So Good, Strange Clouds (ft. Lil Wayne), I’ll Be in the Sky, Both of Us (ft. Taylor Swift), Out of My Mind (ft. Nicki Minaj), Play the Guitar (ft. André 3000), We Still in This B*tch (ft. T.I. and Juicy J), Not for Long (ft. Trey Songz), After Hourzzz, and Ready (ft. Future). In addition to his music, he is also known as an outspoken conspiracy theorist as well as for his beliefs like the Earth is flat and the 1969 moon landing was faked.
Bobby Ray Simmons Jr.
Bobby Ray, B.o.B
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
B.o.B went to the Columbia High School in Decatur, Georgia. However, he didn’t complete his education and dropped out of high school in the ninth grade as he wanted to focus on his music career.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Bobby Ray Simmons (Pastor and preacher)
- Mother – Karen Simmons
- Siblings – Jamaal Simmons (Older Brother) (Flamed Bobby Ray’s interest in music), Arielle Simmons (Sister), Victoria Simmons (Sister)
B.o.B has been managed by B-Rich & TJ Chapman.
Hip-hop, pop, rock, alternative hip hop, dirty south, pop-rock
Vocals, guitar, piano
No Genre, Grand Hustle, Rebel Rock Entertainment, Atlantic Records
His net worth had been $6 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
B.o.B has dated –
- Tyshianna (2014) – B.o.B had a fling with Tyshianna, who used to work as a stripper, in 2014. This affair came to light after he had gotten into a relationship with Sevyn Streeter. In a bizarre turn of events, it was reported by Bossip that Tyshianna was Sevyn’s cousin. It was also revealed that they didn’t know about each other’s involvement with B.o.B.
- Sevyn Streeter (2014-2015) – Bobby was allegedly dating singer and songwriter Sevyn Streeter towards the end of 2014. She finally confirmed that they were an item with an Instagram post in January 2015. However, their relationship didn’t manage to survive even till the next New Year. The end of their relationship was confirmed in October 2015 after he was embroiled in a cheating scandal. He even posted a video on his Instagram feed insisting that he hadn’t cheated on anybody as he was single.
- Briteady (2015) – In October 2015, Bobby Ray posted a picture of a woman from behind on his Instagram feed, which led to speculation that he was with Streeter. He later posted a Snapchat of him having a ball with that woman. And, then to clear any confusion, the American model Briteady posted a picture of her chilling with her new man in bed.
Race / Ethnicity
- Buzzcut hairdo
- Loves wearing baseball caps
B.o.B. has done endorsement work for the following brands
- A.K.O.O. Clothing Line (2011)
Best Known For
- The popularity of his singles such as So Good, Airplanes, Both of Us, and Out of My Mind
- Being one of the most successful MCs in the music industry
- Having collaborated with popular artists such as Playboy Tre, Rivers Cuomo, Hayley Williams, Janelle Monáe, and Bruno Mars
- Creating the single “Auto-Tune” for the popular game Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned
In April 2010, he released his debut studio album, B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray, which made its debut at the very top of the US Billboard 200 Charts.
B.o.B made his theatrical film debut in 2008 appearing as himself in the documentary Ozone West.
First TV Show
In 2008, he made his first TV show appearance in the music TV series, URB’s Next 100.
- In his interview with The Guardian, he revealed that he adopted B.o.B. as his moniker because he was ashamed of his real name.
- He is one of the most popular entertainers to support the flat earth theory. In September 2017, he started a GoFundMe page to raise funds to prove that the earth is actually flat, not round.
- He realized that he wanted to pursue a career in the music industry when he was studying in the sixth grade. His father wasn’t impressed by his decision but later realized that his son was using music as a creative outlet and a form of therapy.
- While he was studying in high school, he used to sell candies. In fact, he was bringing in more money than his father was. It was then that he realized he can achieve anything in his life.
- When he was a child, his family was evicted from their residence. Due to this, he had to live for many years in an unfinished house, which didn’t have external walls, doors, and windows.
- He got his first breakthrough at the age of 14 when he met his mentor and co-manager B-Rich. B-Rich helped him sell his first beat, which further intensified his interest in music.
- On May 1, 2012, he released his 2nd studio album titled Strange Clouds and it peaked at number #1 on the US Top Rap Albums (Billboard) chart, US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, and UK R&B Albums (OCC) chart. Also, the album was certified ‘Platinum’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- His 3rd studio album Underground Luxury was released on December 17, 2013, via Grand Hustle Records, Rebel Rock Entertainment, and Atlantic Records and it features guest appearances from artists like Future, 2 Chainz, T.I., Juicy J, Priscilla Renea, Ester Dean, and Chris Brown. It debuted at number #22 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- He is known for being an outspoken conspiracy theorist. He has been vocal about his wacky beliefs such as that the 1969 Moon Landing was staged, the 9/11 terrorist attack was an inside job, and the US Government is responsible for celebrity cloning.
- In 2016, he created a scandal with the lyrics of his single Flatline, which gave subtle backing to anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. One of the lines in the song asked his listeners to do research on Holocaust denier David Irving.
- Visit his official website @ bobatl.com.
Featured Image by The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY 2.0