|Ester Dean Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 15, 1982|
Esther Renay Dean
Ester Dean, Esta Bell
Muskogee, Oklahoma, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Singer-Songwriter, Record Producer, Actress
- Mother – Hester
- Siblings – Deandria (Older Sister). Ester also has another 3 older siblings.
In January 2012, she had signed a management deal with Roc Nation.
R&B, hip-hop, pop, dance
Eye Know A Secret
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
67 kg or 148 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Race / Ethnicity
Raw, energetic vocals
42-34-40 in or 107-86-102 cm
14 (US) or 46 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Best Known For
Her moment of fame came when she joined hands with Stargate (Norwegian record producing and songwriting team) to create the hit single Rude Boy for Rihanna. Some of her other best songs include Rihanna’s What’s My Name and Where Have You Been, Nicki Minaj‘s Super Bass, and Katy Perry‘s Firework.
As a Singer
Her debut single Drop It Low was released in 2009. It went on to become Ester Dean’s first US Top 40 Single after being ranked at No. 38 on the Billboard Hot 100 list in the U.S.
Ester got her first acting break with Pitch Perfect in 2012 in which she played the role of Cynthia-Rose Adams.
Before that, she had only worked as a voice-over artist in the animated film Rio (2011) and Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012).
First TV Show
In 2009, she guest appeared on the talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Ester Dean Favorite Things
- Food – Hot Dogs
- Animal – Dog
- Movie – Pretty Woman (1990)
- TV Show – Roseanne (1988-1997)
- Drink – Cool Brew (coffee)
Source – USMagazine.com, Glamour.com
Ester Dean Facts
- She was brought up in Tulsa, Oklahoma along with 4 siblings.
- Ester used her writing as an escape from her poverty-ridden life at an early age.
- Ester was 15 when she and one of her siblings, Deandria left for Omaha, Nebraska to make a better living.
- At 20, she moved out of Omaha with just $500 with her to explore better avenues in the music industry. She drove all the way from Omaha all alone for 18 hours to reach Atlanta, Georgia.
- The songwriter aspired to become a professional chef and run a restaurant named A La Esta.
- During her early days, Ester tried stripping for half an hour.
- Ester has two pet dogs, named, Secret and Pixie.
- Dean has a Rude Boy sex toy that was named after her first hit.
- She lent her voice to a soundtrack in the Blue Sky Studios movie Rio in 2011.
- She co-produced Rihanna’s Loud music album and got the Album of the Year nomination at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards.
- Ester was given the title of “The Song Machine” by John Seabrook in his The New Yorker article.
- She has vocals similar to singers Nicki Minaj and Rihanna.
- During her career as a songwriter, Ester has written for various artists like Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera, Priyanka Chopra, Katy Perry, Nicole Scherzinger, Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, Nicki Minaj, The Pussycat Dolls, Usher, Rihanna, Britney Spears, Vanessa White, Selena Gomez, Little Mix, Pia Toscano, and Lil Wayne, among others.
- Her singing voice is termed as a mezzo-soprano.