|Ester Dean Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 15, 1982|
Ester Dean is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, and voice actor who is known as “The Song Factory”, having written songs for many artists including No. 1 hits for Rihanna and Katy Perry. She has also written songs for several other artists such as Mýa, Keyshia Cole, Teyana Taylor, Gucci Mane, T.I., Mary J. Blige, Chris Brown, Flo Rida, Ciara, Juelz Santana, Trey Songz, Robin Thicke, Sean Kingston, Ludacris, Soulja Boy, Tinie Tempah, David Guetta, Jennifer Hudson, Lloyd, Kelly Rowland, and others. In addition to that, she has released many songs and extended plays including Miss Ester Dean, Drop It Low (ft. Chris Brown), I Can’t Make You Love Me, Baby Makin’ Love, Bam Bam, How You Love It (ft. Missy Elliott), Twerkin 4 Birkin (ft. Juicy J), Crazy Youngsters, Get My Dough, and Joy to the World. Ester has also been cast in various shows and movies including Ice Age: Continental Drift, Rio, Pitch Perfect, Pitch Perfect 2, Pitch Perfect 3, Trolls World Tour, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, RuPaul‘s Drag Race, The Voice, Songland, Central Park, and Clash of the Cover Bands.
Esther Renay Dean
Ester Dean, Esta Bell, E dean
Muskogee, Oklahoma, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actor, Voice Actor
- Mother – Hester
- Siblings – Deandria (Older Sister). Ester also has other 3 older siblings.
In January 2012, she had signed a management deal with Roc Nation.
R&B, hip-hop, pop, dance
Eye Know A Secret, Zone 4 (Former), Interscope Records (Former)
Her net worth had been $24 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
67 kg or 148 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Race / Ethnicity
Raw, energetic vocals
42-34-40 in or 107-86-102 cm
14 (US) or 46 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Best Known For
Her moment of fame came when she joined hands with Stargate (Norwegian record producing and songwriting team) to create the hit single Rude Boy for Rihanna. Some of her other best songs include Rihanna’s What’s My Name and Where Have You Been, Nicki Minaj‘s Super Bass, and Katy Perry’s Firework.
As a Singer
Her debut single Drop It Low was released in 2009. It went on to become Ester Dean’s first US Top 40 Single after being ranked at No. 38 on the Billboard Hot 100 list in the U.S.
Ester got her first acting break with Pitch Perfect in 2012 in which she played the role of Cynthia-Rose Adams.
Before that, she had only worked as a voice-over artist in the animated film Rio (2011) and Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012).
First TV Show
In 2009, she guest appeared on the talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Ester Dean Favorite Things
- Food – Hot Dogs
- Animal – Dog
- Movie – Pretty Woman (1990)
- TV Show – Roseanne (1988-1997)
- Drink – Cool Brew (coffee)
Source – USMagazine.com, Glamour.com
Ester Dean Facts
- She was brought up in Tulsa, Oklahoma along with 4 siblings.
- Ester used her writing as an escape from her poverty-ridden life at an early age.
- Ester was 15 when she and one of her siblings, Deandria left for Omaha, Nebraska to make a better living.
- At 20, she moved out of Omaha with just $500 with her to explore better avenues in the music industry. She drove all the way from Omaha all alone for 18 hours to reach Atlanta, Georgia.
- The songwriter aspired to become a professional chef and run a restaurant named A La Esta.
- During her early days, Ester tried stripping for half an hour.
- Ester has two pet dogs, named, Secret and Pixie.
- Dean has a Rude Boy sex toy that was named after her first hit.
- She lent her voice to a soundtrack in the Blue Sky Studios movie Rio in 2011.
- She co-produced Rihanna’s Loud music album and got the Album of the Year nomination at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards.
- Ester was given the title of “The Song Machine” by John Seabrook in his The New Yorker article.
- She has vocals similar to singers Nicki Minaj and Rihanna.
- During her career as a songwriter, Ester has written for various artists like Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera, Priyanka Chopra, Katy Perry, Nicole Scherzinger, Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, Nicki Minaj, The Pussycat Dolls, Usher, Rihanna, Britney Spears, Vanessa White, Selena Gomez, Little Mix, Pia Toscano, and Lil Wayne, among others.
- Her singing voice is termed a mezzo-soprano.
- She provided vocals to the character of Legsly, a Pop Troll who can make her legs grow really long at will, in the 2020 computer-animated musical comedy film Trolls World Tour (often named: Trolls 2: World Tour). The film also features the voices of Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Rachel Bloom, James Corden, and others.
- In 2020, she started voicing the recurring character of Hazel, Molly’s friend and lab partner, in the musical adult animated sitcom Central Park.