|Diana Penty Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Diana Penty is an Indian model and actor who started her modeling career in 2005 when she was signed up by Elite Models India. She has mainly worked in Hindi films and made her acting debut in the 2012 romantic comedy-drama film Cocktail. She was ranked 10th in Times of India‘s “10 Most Promising Newcomers 2012-Female” list and 25th in Times of India‘s “Most Desirable Woman of 2012” list. Over the years, Diana Penty has been cast in various other films such as Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran, Happy Bhag Jayegi, Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi, Lucknow Central, Khandaani Shafakhana, Shiddat, and Salute. Moreover, she has also graced the covers of magazines like Vogue, Elle, Verve, Femina, and Grazia.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Diana has completed her bachelor’s degree in Mass Media from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
She had walked the ramp for Trussardi and Gianfranco Ferre in 2005. Her other brands include Maybelline, Virgin Mobile, Garnier Fructis.
Diana has endorsed Estée Lauder India in the past. With this, she became the first Indian star to endorse the brand.
Diana’s mother is Christian while her father is Parsi
Best Known For
Diana was noticed in Garnier Fructis and Maybelline beauty products advertisements.
She made her first theatrical film appearance as Meera Sahni (a shy and traditional girl who leaves her family in India to live in London with her husband Kunal) in the 2012 romantic comedy-drama film Cocktail.
Diana Penty Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Chocolate, Thai, Korean food
- Favorite Drink – Lime Juice
- Favorite Restaurant – Royal China, Mumbai, India
- Favorite Band – U2, Coldplay, The Killers
- Favorite Accessories – Sunglasses, iPod, Lip Balm, Wallet
- Favorite Place to Visit – Cape Town, South Africa
- Favorite City – New York and London
Diana Penty Facts
- Diana Penty started her career as a model in 2005 and walked the ramp for Italian designers like Trussardi, Ferre.
- Diana Penty has appeared on several magazine covers like Elle and Vogue India (July 2012).
- Diana was first spotted by the Elite Model Agency. She worked with them for 5 years.
- Diana Penty was originally chosen to act in the 2011 film Rockstar but somehow she was dropped from the project and replaced by Nargis Fakhri.
- Diana was in Rome when she got a call from Illuminati films for auditions for Cocktail (her debut film).
- During auditions, after 3 to 4 takes, she got selected for the role of Meera in Cocktail.
- Her peppy number “Tumhi Ho Bandhu” in Cocktail has been liked by everyone.
- For her performance in Cocktail, she won the UK Bollywood Cosmopolitan Award for “Best Debut (Female)” and Vogue Beauty Award for “Female Debut”. The role also got her nominated for Filmfare Award, BIG Star Entertainment Award, Zee Cine Award, ETC Bollywood Business Award, Star Guild Award, Screen Award, and International Indian Film Academy Award.
- Diana is the one, who replaced Deepika Padukone for Maybelline ads.
- Alongside Abhay Deol, Jimmy Sheirgill, Ali Fazal, and Momal Sheikh, she co-starred as Harpreet Kaur aka Happy in the 2016 Hindi-language romantic comedy film Happy Bhag Jayegi. This role got her nominated for a BIG Zee Entertainment Award in the “Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy Film – Female” category.
- In 2019, Diana made her Cannes Film Festival debut.
- In 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, she teamed up with Ketto India for the initiative #EveryLifeMatters, to provide financial support during the crisis.
- In 2022, she made her Malayalam film debut as Dia (Aravind’s girlfriend) in the crime thriller film Salute.