|Jimmy Sheirgill Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1970|
Jimmy Sheirgill is an Indian actor who made his debut in the film Maachis in 1996. He also works in the Punjabi film industry and also produces films. Jimmy has starred in films like Munna Bhai MBBS, Tanu Weds Manu, Happy Bhaag Jayegi, Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster, Daana Paani, Jindua, and many others. He got his major breakthrough with the film Mohabbatein (2000) which also became the highest-grossing film of that year. Jimmy’s film, A Wednesday! (2008) won him a lot of critical acclaims. He has done various Punjabi films as well like Dharti, Rangeelay, Saadi Love Story, S.P Chauhan, etc. In total, he has done numerous films and has won various awards for his performances.
Jasjit Singh Gill
Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He studied in St. Francis’ College, Lucknow for a while and then moved to The Punjab Public School, Nabha and then went to Bikram College, Punjabi University, Patiala.
He completed his post-graduation from Panjab University. He attended Roshan Taneja’s Acting Classes in Mumbai.
- Father – Satyajit Singh Shergill (Land Owner)
- Mother – Balraj Kaur Shergill
- Siblings – Aman Shergill (Brother)
- Others – Amrita Sher-Gil (Aunt) (Painter)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jimmy has dated –
- Priyanka Puri (2001-Present) – Jimmy and Priyanka met at a wedding and started dating thereafter, before getting married in 2001. They have a son together named Veer.
Race / Ethnicity
- Stubble Look
- Chiseled Face
Jimmy has done various commercials like –
- Verito TVC
- Red Tape
Jimmy Sheirgill Favorite Things
- Color – White
- Food – North Indian Food
- Actors – Irrfan Khan, Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt
- Actresses – Deepika Padukone, Jennifer Lawrence
- Films – American History X (1998)
- Quote – Let’s go our separate ways, together
Source – Hindustan Times
Jimmy Sheirgill Facts
- He wanted to join the army when he was young.
- He wore a turban till he was 18 years old but then cut it. His parents were so disappointed that they did not talk to him for months.
- He met with a very severe bike accident in 1989.
- Jimmy doesn’t like to use social media.
- He is an ardent admirer of Shaheed Bhagat Singh.
- He loves shopping.
- Jimmy is a very emotional person and cries on little things.
- He is a very popular face in the Punjabi film industry and also received the Yash Bharat Samman from the Punjab Government.
- Jimmy won the PTC “Best Actor” award for his film Mel Karade Rabba in 2010.
- He is also a producer and produced his first feature film called Dharti in 2011.
- Jimmy also ventured into the web with a show called Rangbaaz Phirse in 2019 that streamed on Zee5.
- He started off as a chocolate boy but later shed off that image by doing various negative roles.
- Some of his notable Punjabi films are Rangeelay, Saadi Love Story, Mel Karade Rabba, and Dharti.
- His film Tanu weds Manu: Returns (2015) earned him a nomination for the Filmfare Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- He was widely acclaimed for his role in Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006).
- He won the 11th Norway Bollywood Film Festival Award for “Best Actor” for his film Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns in 2013.
Featured Image by Jimmy Sheirgill / Instagram