|Missy Elliott Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Missy Elliott is an American rapper, actress, and record producer known for her singles like The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly), Mysterious, You Don’t Know, and Time and Time Again. She has a self-titled YouTube channel with more than 500k subscribers. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 7 million followers on Twitter, and more than 3 million followers on Facebook.
Melissa Arnette Elliott
Missy “Misdemeanor” Elliott, Missy Elliott
Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
Florida, United States
Elliott completed her graduation from Woodrow Wilson High School in Portsmouth, Virginia, in the year 1990.
Rapper, Singer, Dancer, Actress, Record Producer, Songwriter
- Father – Ronnie (Worked in U.S. Marine)
- Mother – Patricia Elliott (Power-Company Dispatcher)
- Siblings – None
Missy Elliott is managed by Monami Productions.
- The Gold Mind
- East West
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Missy has dated –
- Tupac Shakur
- Nicole Wray (1996-1998) – Singer Nicole Wray was dating Missy in 1996. The two dated for nearly 2 years and decided to break up in 1998.
- Trina (1997-1998) – Missy dated rapper Trina for a year from 1997 to 1998.
- Tweet (1999-2002) – Singer and songwriter Tweet was dating Missy from 1999 for nearly 4 years till 2002.
- Faith Evans (1999) – Singer Faith Evans briefly dated Missy for a year in 1999.
- Olivia Longott (2002-2004) – Singer Olivia dated Missy for 2 years from 2002 till 2004. Rapper 50 Cent confirmed their relationship.
- Lil’ Kim (2003) – Missy hooked up with rapper Lil’ Kim in 2003.
- Eva Marcille – RUMOR
- Tim Mosley – Composer Tim Mosley also hooked up with Missy briefly.
- Karrine Steffans – Author Karrine Steffans hooked up with Missy in the past.
- Da Brat – Rapper Da Brat was rumored to be dating Missy in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
Missy has African-American ancestry.
- Her smile
- Curly hair
- Sharp jawline
Missy has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- MAC Cosmetics
- Super Bowl
- Mountain Dew
- Amazon Echo
- Reebok (2002)
- Vanilla Coca-Cola (2003)
Best Known For
- Being the only female rapper to have 6 albums certified ‘Platinum’ by the RIAA.
- Being hip-hop’s first lady of innovation.
Missy released her first album called Supa Dupa Fly on July 15, 1997, consisting of 17 tracks. The album sold 1.2 million copies and had a total playtime of over 60 minutes.
Missy Elliott made her theatrical film debut as Diva in the comedy-drama movie, Pootie Tang in 2001.
First TV Show
Missy Elliott made her television show debut in the musical comedy talk show The Chris Rock Show in 1997 as herself.
Missy has worked hard to make exercise and healthy food choices a natural part of her life. Since Missy was diagnosed with Graves’ disease, she chose to turn a new leaf. Graves’ disease is a type of hyperthyroidism condition where it is difficult to maintain weight and person experiences excessive weight loss due to increased metabolism. It is a life-long condition that can be controlled and cured with drugs. Hence, by working out and eating right, Missy is able to keep her weight in check.
Missy adopted Shaun T’s Insanity workouts which challenged Missy with sports training techniques that took her body and her fitness level to the new heights. She discovered that the workouts consisted of a mixture of cross-training, plyometrics, speed, and agility, combined with strength, power, core and balance exercises. A mixture of proper diet and workout helped Missy drop a whopping 30 pounds.
Missy refrains herself from sugar-laden, fried foods and she also consumes bread and starch-filled foods.
Missy Elliott Facts
- She was once threatened with a gun and her mother faced domestic abuse at the hands of Missy’s father. Her mother decided to run away with Missy when she was 14 years old.
- She never stayed over at her friend’s places as she did not want to leave her mother alone at home.
- She was an excellent student in school and scored good marks. Hence, she found it difficult to make friends as she was often picked on.
- Missy was 2 years in advance of her former class by scoring good marks in intelligence tests and felt isolated. Hence, she decided to fail purposely.
- At the age of 4, she decided to become a performer when she sang and performed in front of her family.
- Missy was diagnosed with Graves’ disease in 2008. She got tested for the same after she survived a near-fatal car accident due to severe leg spasms.
- She moved to Virginia after her father returned from the Marines. Once she moved back to Virginia, she faced financial difficulties.
- She was molested by her cousin when she was 8 years old.
- She has a pet dog named, Fendi Dior.
- Missy was a part of her church choir and began singing from a young age.
- In November 2020, Missy paid a fan named Ireanna Bradshaw $1,300 for her dream wedding dress, which was a floral plus-size style from David’s Bridal.
- In November 2021, Missy received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles, California.
- In August 2022, Missy and Anitta released a new single titled Lobby.
- In March 2023, Missy teamed up with the girl group FLO for a new song titled Fly Girl.
- Visit her official website @ missy-elliott.com.
Featured Image by Atlantic Records / Atlantic Records / CC BY-SA 4.0