|Anitta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2.5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 30, 1993|
Anitta is a singer from Brazil who started her singing career in 2010. She sings a variety of songs like pop, reggaeton, reggae, bossa nova, R&B, electropop, etc. She was also chosen “Artist of the Year” by iTunes Brazil in 2013. Apart from music, she has also remained in news due to a variety of her relationships and skimpy outfits. In 2018, she won the “Social Star Award” at the iHeartRadio Music Awards.
Larissa de Macedo Machado
Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
At the age of 11, Anitta took English classes with the allowance money she got from her mother. She later got enrolled in an administration course at a technical school in Rio de Janeiro.
Singer, songwriter, actress, dancer, businesswoman
- Father – Mauro Machado
- Mother – Míriam Macedo
- Siblings – Renan Machado (Older Brother) (Artistic Producer)
Anitta is represented by
- Juliana Mattoni and Paulo Pimenta of Mattoni Comunicação.
- John Shahidi of Shots Studios.
Pop, Latin pop, electropop, R&B, reggaeton
Warner Music Group
5 ft 2.5 in or 159 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anitta has dated
- Diego Raphael Villanueva (2011-2012) – In 2011, Anitta reportedly started going out with singer and songwriter, Diego Raphael Villanueva. They made their relationship public by conducting a photo session. They had even planned to create a music video together but after their breakup in 2012, the project was shelved.
- Neymar (2013) – Anitta was linked with the soccer star Neymar in 2013. The relationship rumors started after he was spotted hanging out backstage at her show. They were reportedly spotted getting cozy after the event.
- Nilo Faria (2013) – The rumors of Anitta’s relationship with Nilo Faria reached its peak in June 2013 after he shared a picture of them cuddled up on his social media account and she responded with a heart smiley comment. They had been seen together on a couple of occasions in the past.
- Eduardo Sterblitch (2013) – In August 2013, Anitta was linked with comedian and actor Eduardo Sterblitch. She had even hinted at their relationship by claiming that they were just getting to know each other and she didn’t know where it may head in the future. They were also spotted attending Adriane Galisteu and Alexandre Iódice’s anniversary party as a couple. However, their relationship didn’t last long. In fact, it barely managed to last a couple of months. It was claimed that he had decided to put their romance on hold as he fought his ex-wife in a messy and intense legal battle.
- Arthur De Carvalho Mattos (2014) – The reports of Anitta going out with Arthur De Carvalho Mattos first appeared just after the start of 2014. Their relationship was sort of confirmed in February. They were reported to have separated in April 2014. It was claimed that she wasn’t impressed with his partying lifestyle and his habit to hit nightclubs constantly. He was even accused of leaving her alone at an event so that he could attend a party.
- Niall Horan (2014) – Anitta reportedly dated One Direction singer, Niall Horan in the past. They met in May 2014 during an after-party at Hotel Fasano.
- Daniel Trovejani (2014-2015) – In December 2014, she again confirmed another of her romance by giving subtle hints in her interview. However, some sources in media claimed that she had been dating businessman Daniel Trovejani for about 4 months earlier. In her interview, she also revealed that she had known him since 2008 as she had met him at a party. However, in her interview in January 2015, she revealed that she was single once again.
- Gabriel Medina (2015) – In January 2015, Anitta was reported to be going out with professional Brazilian surfer Gabriel Medina. He was seen in her dressing room after a show, which led to tabloids linking them together. She was also seen resting her head on his shoulder at another event.
- André Marques (2015) – In the early months of 2015, Anitta was rumored to be dating TV personality, André Marques. Their relationship was publicly reported by columnist Leo Dias, in his article for the newspaper O Dia.
- Lucas Lucco (2015) – In 2015, Anitta was linked with singer Lucas Lucco. It was claimed that they had grown close while working on his single, Beijar a Queima Roupa.
- Maluma (2016) – As per the Brazilian media, Anitta was going out with Colombian singer and songwriter, Maluma in February 2016. They had reportedly become close after having collaborated for the single, Sim ou Não. Also, their sizzling chemistry in the video of the single further fanned these relationship rumors.
- Pablo Morais (2016) – Over the summer of 2016, Anitta was linked with model Pablo Morais. The first rumors started circulating in May 2016. However, she dumped him about a month later. Apparently, she wasn’t happy with his fight at a nightclub, which had also resulted in her expulsion. She felt that the relationship was bad for her image.
- Thiago Magalhães (2017-Present) – Anitta officially started dating former baseball player and businessman Thiago Magalhães in July 2017. Their relationship moved ahead at a fairly quick pace as they got married in a surprise ceremony in October 2017. Their relationship was widely discussed in the media because of the huge age difference between them.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has African ancestry. While, on her mother’s side, she has Portuguese and possibly other White ethnicities.
- Short height
- Loves wearing revealing outfits
Anitta has appeared in a TV commercial for iFood.
She has also used her social media presence to promote a number of products and brands.
Best Known For
- Being one of the best recognized and popular Brazilian music artists. She has won Best Brazilian Act award at the MTV Europe Music Awards on multiple occasions.
- The commercial success of her studio album, Bang, which has been certified ‘Platinum’ and has reigned at the top of music charts in her native country and couple of other countries.
In July 2013, Anitta released her debut studio album, Anitta, which received a triple gold certificate and a platinum certification.
In 2014, Anitta made her theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, Copa de Elite.
First TV Show
In September 2012, Anitta made her first TV show appearance on the family show, TV Xuxa.
Anitta Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
- She started singing publicly at the age of 8 by performing in the choir of Santa Luzia Church in Rio de Janeiro. Her maternal grandparents had got her in the choir.
- She started performing professionally at the age of 17. The same year, she was declared the winner of Revelation of Music award.
- In 2011, the funk carioca producer Batutinha invited her to give an audition. He had noticed her talent in one of her videos.
- On Batutinha’s approval, she was signed up by Furacão 2000, which is one of the biggest music producing companies of funk carioca in Brazil.
- In June 2012, she won another high-profile fan in producer Kamilla Fialho, who after watching her stage performance, offered to become her manager and eventually agreed to pay 256,000 reais to Furacão 2000 to get her out of her previous contract with the company.
- In 2014, she made a sizeable donation to the shelter that took in homeless people after the devastating thunderstorm hit the city of Vila Velha.
- In 2016, Anitta decided to make a donation to the residents of Cidade de Deus favela, which is in her hometown in Rio de Janeiro.
- In 2014, she organized a special performance in a public school for people diagnosed with Down syndrome in Curitiba.
- He holds the distinction of being the first Brazilian artist to have won the Best Latin American Act award.
- She has taken her stage name from character Anita from TV series Presença de Anita. The music producer Batutinha advised her to add an extra ‘T.’
- The release of her single Show das Poderosas in 2013 served as a huge breakthrough for her as it was placed high on Brazilian music charts. Also, the music video of the song managed to garner more than 130 million views on YouTube.
- In 2017, the Billboard placed her on the 15th spot in the list featuring the most influential artists in the world in social networks. She was ranked ahead of established artists such as Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Shakira.
- Anitta made her first Met Gala appearance in 2021.
- In January 2022, it was announced that Anitta had signed a new deal with Sony Music Publishing.
- In January 2022, Anitta released the music video of her new song titled Boys Don’t Cry. The song is part of her album, Versions of Me, which was later released in April 2022.
Featured Image by Julian Marques / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0