|Damiano David Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1999|
Damiano David is an Italian singer and songwriter who is best known as the lead vocalist of the Rome-based rock band Måneskin with whom he has released the studio albums Il ballo della vita (2018) and Teatro d’ira: Vol. I (2021). The group had won the ‘Big Artists’ section of the Sanremo Music Festival in March 2021 before going on to win the prestigious Eurovision Song Contest in May 2021. They had won both those contests by performing the song Zitti e buoni.
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Damiano had dropped out of high school to pursue a career in music.
- Siblings – He has a brother.
Rock, Pop, Pop Rock, Alternative Rock, Glam Rock
- Sony Music Entertainment
- RCA Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Damiano has dated –
- Giorgia Soleri (2017-Present) – Damiano had started dating model and social media influencer Giorgia Soleri in 2017. They were engaged as of May 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Lanky frame
- Neck-length, dense, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Wears earrings
- Has the phrase ‘Il Ballo Della Vita’ (The Dance of Life) tattooed across his collarbone
- Has multiple tattoos on both his hands and entire upper torso
Damiano David Facts
- Born to parents who were both flight attendants, Damiano and his brother used to travel worldwide, owing to the nature of their parents’ work, in their childhood. His introduction to multiple cultures at a such young age had molded his attitude and thought process quite differently from most other kids his age.
- During a visit to Tanzania, he had met some people from the Maasai tribe, a Nilotic ethnic group inhabiting northern, central, and southern Kenya and northern Tanzania. This interaction had encouraged him to pursue a career in music.
- He had first met Victoria De Angelis and Thomas Raggi, his future band members from Måneskin, at secondary school.
- When he had auditioned for the position of a vocalist in a local band, he was initially rejected because the band had considered his style to be ‘too pop’. His persistence at joining the band had however seen him get accepted into the band eventually. He had also, in parallel, tried to change his demeanor and musical style, learning to express himself more freely. In the early days of a struggling music career, he had busked for quite a while in the streets of Rome.
- His band, Måneskin, had first come into the spotlight in 2017 when they had finished in 2nd position overall in the 11th season of the Italian version of the popular competition-based talent reality TV show, X Factor.
- After Måneskin‘s triumph at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021, he was falsely accused of drug use during the final. This was after some online viewers had claimed to have seen him snorting a line of cocaine when leaned over a table. It was later revealed that there were no drugs in the room at that time.
Featured Image by Damiano David / Instagram