Astrid divides her time between Oslo and London.
However, she has expressed her wish to live in New York City or London for a year.
By the age of 17, Astrid dropped out of high school to dedicate all her time and focus on her music career.
Singer and songwriter
- Father – Trond Smeplass
- Mother – Ingrid Koksvik
- Siblings – She has a brother.
- Others – John Bjørn Koksvik (Maternal Grandfather), Inger Marie Brattset (Maternal Grandmother)
Astrid S is represented by
- Steve Bursky & Drew Simmons of Foundations Artist Management.
- Halvor Marstrander of Interstellar Mangement.
Pop, R&B, electronic, tropical house
Vocals, guitar, and piano
Universal Music Group
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Due to her preference for keeping her private life away from the public domain, very little is known about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
- High Cheekbones
35-26-36 in or 89-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 7 (US).
Astrid hasn’t endorsed any brand.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Having provided backing vocals for Katy Perry’s single, Hey Hey Hey, which was featured on her studio album, Witness.
- Her collaboration with established artists such as Avicii and Shawn Mendes.
- The popularity of her singles such as Breathe and Such a Boy, in her native country.
As a Singer
Her debut EP Astrid S was released in May 2016 in association with Island Records.
Astrid hasn’t appeared in a theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2007, Astrid made her first appearance on a TV show in the music show, Allsang På Grensen.
Astrid S’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available.
Astrid S Favorite Things
- Songwriting Influence – John Mayer
- Stage Wear – Sneakers and comfortable clothes
- Role Model – Emma Watson
Source – All Music
Astrid S Facts
- Astrid got her big breakthrough in 2013 after she participated in the Norwegian version of Pop Idol called Idol – Jakten på en superstjerne, in which she managed to finish 5th.
- She had bought her guitar just three months before she auditioned for the Pop Idol show.
- While growing up, she used to play flute in her school’s marching band.
- She learned to play piano at her home but later decided to learn guitar as well as she realized that classical music put a lot of constraints on creativity.
- She quit music at the age of 12 and started focusing more on soccer. She had resumed music by the age of 15.
- She started writing songs after getting inspired by John Mayer.
- At the age of 9, she collaborated with 10-year-old Celine Helgemo to participate in the TV music competition Melodi Grand Prix Junior. They had submitted their entry as a duo, AC: The Blue Snoopies.
- Although Astrid and Celine weren’t selected that year, Celine managed to win Melodi Grand Prix Junior 2007 with her single Bæstevænna which she said was about Astrid.
- Astrid identifies herself as a feminist and has revealed in her interviews that she has experienced sexism in the US music industry on many occasions.
- While growing up, she never thought about making living out of her musical talent. In fact, she had planned to join Norwegian army after graduating from high school.
- It was her stint in the Norwegian Pop Idol that made her realize that music was something she was born to do.
- She got widespread fame after the Australian singer Troye Sivan roped her for his European music tour.
- Visit her official website @ astridsofficial.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube VEVO, Facebook, iTunes, and Tumblr.