|Astrid S Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||October 29, 1996|
Astrid S is a Norwegian singer and songwriter who rose to acclaim after participating in Idol – Jakten på en superstjerne, the Norwegian version of the British music competition television show Pop Idol, in 2013. She concluded her journey on the show by getting placed 5th and then released her debut album Leave It Beautiful in 2020. Her discography also includes several songs and extended plays such as Paper Thin, Such a Boy, Running Out (with Matoma), Hurts So Good, Breathe, Shattered, Hyde, Someone New, Party’s Over, Bloodstream, Closer, Think Before I Talk, Emotion, Only When It Rains (with Frank Walker), Sing It with Me (with JP Cooper), It’s OK If You Forget Me, Dance Dance Dance, Favorite Part of Me, Relations (with Felix Sandman), and Når snøen smelter.
Astrid divides her time between Oslo and London.
However, she has expressed her wish to live in New York City or London for a year.
By the age of 17, Astrid dropped out of high school to dedicate all her time and focus on her music career.
Singer and songwriter
- Father – Trond Smeplass
- Mother – Ingrid Koksvik
- Siblings – She has a brother.
- Others – John Bjørn Koksvik (Maternal Grandfather), Inger Marie Brattset (Maternal Grandmother), Astrid Hegle (Paternal Grandmother)
Astrid S has been represented by –
- Steve Bursky & Drew Simmons of Foundations Artist Management
- Halvor Marstrander of Interstellar Mangement
- Interstellar Management, Music Artist Management Company, Oslo, Norway
Pop, R&B, electronic, tropical house, alternative pop, electropop
Vocals, guitar, and piano
Universal Music Group, Island Records
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Astrid S is of Norwegian descent.
- High Cheekbones
35-26-36 in or 89-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 7 (US).
Best Known For
- Having provided backing vocals for Katy Perry’s single, Hey Hey Hey, which was featured on her studio album, Witness
- Her collaboration with established artists such as Avicii and Shawn Mendes
- The popularity of her singles such as Breathe and Such a Boy, in her native country
She released her debut studio album Leave It Beautiful on October 16, 2020, through Universal Music A/S and Virgin EMI Records. The album peaked at number #2 on the Norwegian Albums (VG-lista) chart.
First TV Show
In 2007, Astrid made her first appearance on a music show, Allsang På Grensen.
Astrid S Favorite Things
- Songwriting Influence – John Mayer
- Stage Wear – Sneakers and comfortable clothes
- Role Model – Emma Watson
Source – All Music
Astrid S Facts
- Astrid got her big breakthrough in 2013 after she participated in the Norwegian version of Pop Idol called Idol – Jakten på en superstjerne, in which she managed to finish 5th.
- She had bought her guitar just three months before she auditioned for the Pop Idol show.
- While growing up, she used to play flute in her school’s marching band.
- She learned to play piano at her home but later decided to learn guitar as well as she realized that classical music put a lot of constraints on creativity.
- She quit music at the age of 12 and started focusing more on soccer. She had resumed music by the age of 15.
- She started writing songs after getting inspired by John Mayer.
- At the age of 9, she collaborated with 10-year-old Celine Helgemo to participate in the TV music competition Melodi Grand Prix Junior. They had submitted their entry as a duo, AC: The Blue Snoopies.
- Although Astrid and Celine weren’t selected that year, Celine managed to win Melodi Grand Prix Junior 2007 with her single Bæstevænna which she said was about Astrid.
- Astrid identifies herself as a feminist and has revealed in her interviews that she has experienced sexism in the US music industry on many occasions.
- While growing up, she never thought about making living out of her musical talent. In fact, she had planned to join the Norwegian army after graduating from high school.
- It was her stint on the Norwegian Pop Idol that made her realize that music was something she was born to do.
- She got widespread fame after the Australian singer Troye Sivan roped her for his European music tour.
- Her debut EP Astrid S was released in May 2016 in association with Island Records.
- She is a swimwear designer as well and launched her own collection by the name “Swim Club by Astrid S”.